Taff Trail 2-Day Self-guided Biking Vacationoffered by supplier M16809 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 2 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 20 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 245 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 315 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Day 1: Arrival in Brecon.
Day 2: Brecon to Pontsticill, 19 miles (30 km)
The route begins in the Canal Basin in Brecon, and a ride beside the tranquil Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal, passing colourful barges and flower-filled cottage gardens. After a few miles, you begin a gentle climb alongside the Talybont Reservoir, following the route of the old Brecon and Merthyr Railway, which once transported goods through the mountains. The views from the top, at Torpantau, are magnificent and the hardest part of the trail is now over! Overnight in a welcoming farmhouse above the Talybont Reservoir.
Day 3: Pontsticill to Cardiff, 35 miles (56 km)
The second day is easier, with no big hills, and plenty of interest as you follow the Taff Valley towards the coast. It’s a chance to experience the rich industrial heritage of the world-famous Welsh Valleys, but without the crowds. The curving sweep of the Cefn Coed Viaduct, and the unexpected fairytale castles of Cyfarthfa Castle and Castell Coch, are all to be enjoyed. Your journey ends on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay, in the vibrant capital city of Wales.
- Duration: 2 days biking
- Distance: 54 miles (86 km)
- Grading: Easy/Moderate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
The price is 245 Pound Sterling (GBP) per person based on 2 people sharing a twin/double room. Contact operator for sole traveller/single occupancy rates.
- 2 nights accommodation in quality B&Bs, Inns and hotels;
- Daily luggage transfer, so your baggage is waiting for you on arrival;
- Detailed, customized maps, with your daily ride highlighted;
- Written route notes giving directions and background information;
- 2 days hire of a comfortable, lightweight, hybrid bike supplied with handlebar bag, cycle computer, repair kit, lock and water bottle. For tandem bikes, please add 10 Pound Sterling (GBP) per person. 10% discount if you bring your own bike.
- Transfers to/from the nearest rail or bus station at the start and end of the tour.
- Meals: Cooked breakfast included. Packed lunches and evening meals can be arranged at additional cost.
- Options: Add an extra night at any stage of the tour, prices from 40 Pound Sterling (GBP) per person per night.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2007
M16809 is a Partnership, founded and co-owned by Anna Heywood and Luke Skinner. We provide guided and self-guided walking and cycling holidays in Wales. We hold MA degrees from the University of Cambridge and have considerable experience of the travel industry. We have also completed an independent cycling expedition...