Painting Your Jaguar Spirit with Robert MaslaPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 3 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Painting Yoga & Spiritual Experience
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1095 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1895 US Dollar (USD)
Among the Mayan and Aztec cultures the Jaguar was the embodiment of spiritual and material strength, and represented spiritual power and resourcefulness, restraint, beauty and wisdom and was often the “guardian spirit” that helped shamans move between worlds. Join artist Robert Masla for a dynamic week of exploring your inner power and personal mythology, as we “Paint our Jaguar Spirit” in the atmosphere of the nurturing and supportive environment of our company.
Beautifully carved wooden Jaguar masks from the state of Michoacan will be one of the canvases for this weeks workshop as we uncover symbols and meaning in our lives and adorn the masks with there power to create an object of beauty and personal significance, a manifestation and reminder of our inner resources, goals and prayers. All materials will be supplied. We will be using acrylic paint and C.A.S. AlkydPro Alkyd paint - a fast drying "oil" medium. This workshop is appropriate for all levels of artists, from the beginner who hasn’t painted since they where a child, to serious art students wishing to broaden their repertoire, to professionals looking for fresh inspiration and a new perspective.
Masla will offer suggestions and facilitate all aspects of painting your Jaguar Mask and other "shamanic objects" over the course of the week. From assisting you in preparing the surface to recieve paint, to preparing sketches and helping you in arranging the design and composition of your painting on this unique 3 dimensional surface. Masla will demonstrate various techniques and methods for applying the paint and achieving a wide variety of effects from decorative backgrounds and finishes, to detailed symbols and illusions and applying a final finish glaze. You will leave this workshop with more than one powerful work of art that embodies your personal vision.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Round trip ground transportation from P.V. airport and the Casa
- art materials
- Meals and drinks
- 2 picnic day trip excursions - Boat trip to destinations for snorkeling, swimming, wonderful picnic and exploration
- 1 trip to mountain town of El Tuito for sketching and plain air painting
- Lunch at Hacienda Restaurant
- 1 evening excursion to Puerto Vallarta for Gallery Walk Tour, shopping and city life.
- Round trip air transportation from your airport to Puerto Vallarta International airport
- 1 dinner (night of Gallery Walk in Puerto Vallarta), any modest gratuities you wish to give to the Casa Cooks and House Care Persons
- Personal items, souvenirs.