Mollepata Trek and Machu Picchu (MMP)Please, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 5 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 29 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking Archeology/History
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 250 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 500 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Cusco - Mollepata - Salkantaypampa. Early in the morning, our bus will take the group to Mollepata South West from Cusco (3,5 hours trip) including the visit to Tarawasi in Limatambo, arriving to Mollepata (2800 meters above sea level or 9240 feet), then we’ll continue with our car to Soraypampa, there we'll begin to walk until Salkantaypampa (3800 meters above sea level or 12540 feet), campsite there.
Day 2: Salkantaypampa - Qollpapampa. Early in the morning (7:00 a.m.) we'll begin to walk for one hour to El Paso (13800 feet or 4181 meters above sea level - the High Pass), then we'll go down to Qollpapampa (11300 feet or 3424 meters above sea level), Qollpapampa is an small village, there are hot springs there, may be we can take a nice bath, camp site.
Day 3: Qollpapampa - La Playa – Santa Teresa. At 7:00 a.m. we will begin to walk, passing the Waterfalls of Tinajayoc, after it we'll continue walking down to La Playa (2300 meters above sea level or 7590 feet), there we’ll have already warm weather, from la Playa we'll take our bus again to go to Santa Teresa, camp site.
Day 4: Santa Teresa - Hydroelectric - Machu Picchu. From Santa Teresa, we’ll walk again to the Hydroelectric (Archaeological Sites). Here, we'll take the train, to go to Aguas Calientes (8 km), arriving there at 5:00 p.m. accommodation in hotel (hotel depends on availability, it can be Hatuchay Tower or Hanaqpacha Inn).
Day 5: Machu Picchu - Cusco. Guided visit to Machu Picchu, in the afternoon we’ll take our train back to Cuzco. Transfer to your hotel in Cuzco.
- Bring with you:
* Sleeping bag (it can be rented in Cusco or beforehand)
* A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
* Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
* Strong footwear, ideally trekking or sport shoes
* Flashlight and batteries
* Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
* Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
* Sun block
* Insect repellent - minimum recommended 20 per cent DEET, no malaria risk has been reported
* Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
* Water bottle
* Original passport (better in a zip lock plastic bag).
Airfare is not included in the tour price.