This is one of the National Forest trails, maintained by Taiwan Power for access to power lines. Starting near Lushan Hot-spring resort, the well maintained (well, except for the bits missing due to landslides) hiking trail brings you eventually to Tienchr shelter near the central mountains' spine. From the Tienchr shelter (in Japanese times a very luxurious looking "Cypress Palace") there is easy access to Cilai South peak and Nanhua peak. Further multi-day explorations north, south, and east can be made from here. The trail is very well serviced with notice boards explaining the history, flora, fauna etc of the area - we will add more info here soon!
Day 1: Trail head (2041 m) - Tienchr shelter (2860 m).
Day 2: Tienchr - Cilai South peak (3358 m) - Nanhwa aka Nenggao North (3184 m) - Tienchr - Trail head.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Weekdays - approximately 210 USD
- Weekend day - approximately 290 USD.
- Application for permits, accommodation and insurance can not be started until we have received the deposit and your ARC/passport details (note deadlines)
- If the trip is canceled due to not winning the permit lottery, typhoons, etc. we will refund the deposit minus costs (approximately USD 500) beyond our control, but offer this as credit for future activities
- If the trip is canceled by the customer the deposit not refunded
- We have discounts for groups
- USD 2000 deposit in advance is necessary, rest - at end of trip.
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking