Wild Patagonia - Southern Argentina and Chile, Santiago to Ushuaiaoffered by supplier M20605 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 27 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 16 people
Destination(s): Argentina Chile
Specialty Categories: National Parks
Season: October - April
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 7975 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 7975 US Dollar (USD)
Days 1-5: Leaving Santiago we visit the Maipu and Colchagua Valleys, famous for producing some of the countries finest wines before arriving into Pucon, a picturesque town located in the heart of Chiles Lakes District. Enjoy walks through the Huerqueheue National Park that protects 12,500 hectares of rivers, waterfalls, alpine lakes and forest, a soak in natural outdoor thermal springs and a day at leisure to hike up the Villarica Volcano or enjoy some of the numerous outdoor activities on offer.
Days 6-10: Crossing into Argentina we visit Bariloche, nestled peacefully on the shore of Nahuel Huapi Lake. Explore the scenic circuito chico taking in panoramic views of the lake and the national park and some leisure time to pursue interests such as fishing, horse riding on a local estancia, paragliding, or walking before crossing the mighty Futeleufu river into Chile’s remote southern region, the Carretera Austral.
Days 11-15: The Carretera Austral (Southern Road) is often referred to as one of South Americas best road trips and gives us the opportunity to get up close to a spectacular hanging Glacier in the Quelat National Park. We travel down Route 40, paralleling the remarkable Andean range, through the vast Patagonia plains stopping overnight at a remote Patagonian Estancia until arriving into El Chalten, and the Parque Nacional Los Glaciares. We take a boat trip here across the lake to the Viedma Glacier, the largest in Argentina, where we will have the opportunity to explore ice caves and take a gentle walk atop this mighty ice sheet.
Days 16-20: Our next stop is El Calafate, our base to visit the impressive Perito Moreno glacier, one of the earths most dynamic and accessible ice fields. We then cross again into Chile and arrive at Torres Del Paine National Park where we camp on the edge of the picturesque Lake Pehoe and enjoy day hikes to explore what is to many, South Americas finest national park.
Days 21-27: Next we head to Punta Arenas stopping on the way to visit Seno Otway penguin colony, home to approximately 6,000 breeding pairs. Continuing across the Straights of Magellan we will arrive into the most southerly city in the world, Ushuaia, and our final destination. Explore the Beagle Channel and the Tierra Del Fuego National Park before concluding the tour with a meal at one of Ushuaia’s famous seafood restaurants.
Supplemental Tour Information:
- Vineyard tour & wine making,Colchagua Valley
- Colchagua Museum, Santa Cruz
- Hiking in Pucon region with visit to Mapuche family, Pucon
- 7 Lakes Drive from Pucon to Bariloche
- Scenic Circuito Chico tour, Bariloche
- High Tea at Llao Llao resort, Bariloche
- South Americas Best Road Trip, the Carretera Austral
- Queulat National Park & Queulat Hanging, Glacier Carretera Austral
- Enchanted forest hike,Carretera Austral
- Cuevas De Los Manos, Argentinean Patagonia
- Viedma Glacier excursion, El Chalten
- Guided Hiking in El Chalten
- Moreno Glacier day trip including Nautical Safari, El Calafate
- Day Hikes/Excursions, Torres Del Paine National Park
- Useless Bay King Penguin Colony, Tierra Del Fuego
- Crossing the Straights of Magellan
- Beagle Channel Boat trip, Ushuaia
- Tour of Tierra del Fuego National Park, Ushuaia
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 22 nights accommodation in standard hotels – 3 nights in comfortable cabins - 1 night in a hiking lodge
- Transport in our custom built all-terrain expedition vehicles
- 26 Breakfasts, 18 Lunches, 19 Dinners
- Expert tour leader and local guides throughout
- Services of cook while camping
- All entrance fees to National Parks and sights visited as part of the tour itinerary.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2010
We offer small group overland trips is custom built, deluxe expeditions vehicles throughout South America including the more off-the-beaten-track areas, ranging from 12 to 26 days. Also, custom designed tours for individuals or small groups which we can tailor to your exact needs. With over 14 years experience running...