You have the opportunity to experience the classic "Hemingway style" mobile tented camps with en suite bathroom facilities in the Serengeti and Tarangire, a permanent tented camp in West Kilimanjaro and a luxury lodge in Ngorongoro. For those who want a small group (8) departure, with like-minded wildlife enthusiasts, this is a great trip offered exclusively to our safari goers.
Day 1: Arrival Arusha, overnight Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge.
Day 2: Full day Arusha National Park, overnight Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge.
Days 3-4: Drive Ndarakwai, visit local school and village, afternoon walk and game drive, 2 nights Ndarakwai Ranch.
Days 5-6: Drive Tarangire, 2 nights Tarangire Mobile Tented Camp.
Days 7-8: Drive Lake Manyara, afternoon game drive, cultural activities and walks. 2 nights Gibb's Farm or Ngorongoro Farm House Lodge.
Day 9: Afternoon decent to Ngorongoro Crater floor, overnight Ngorongoro Serena Lodge.
Day 10: Drive to Serengeti, visit to Oldupai Gorge, overnight Serengeti Serena Lodge. Optional balloon safari.
Days 11-13: 3 days game viewing in the Serengeti including game drives, 3 nights Serengeti Mobile Tented Camp.
Day 14: Fly to Arusha, day room at Mountain Village. Onward travel.
-Best time for this program:
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Services of a professional Tanzanian safari guide and four wheel drive vehicle
- Bed and breakfast at Ngurdoto Lodge
- Full board on safari days (some picnic lunches)
- Park and camping fees
- Game drives and excursions
- Mineral water, beer and soft drinks in the vehicle
- All drinks except champagne in private tented camps
- Laundry in private mobile luxury camps
- Flight from Seronera to JRO
- Transfers and day use room
- Flying doctor’s membership.
- International flights and departure taxes
- Trip cancellation and medical insurance
- Meals not indicated
- Shopping in Arusha
- Items of a personal nature
- Drinks and laundry at lodges
Also see tour packages in:
Nature & Wildlife