Jewish Heritage Ukraine TourPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 6 - 12 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Church Tours
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 500 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2500 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Meeting at Kiev Boryspol Airport and a car transfer to Kiev downtown. Checking in.
3h Panoramic City Tour that includes the visit to Babiy Yar, monuments created to commemorate those thousands of Jewish & Ukrainian people who perished during the Nazi occupation of Kiev that lasted for 777 days.
Day 2: Breakfast at the hotel. Day long excursion Jewish Heritage of Kiev. This tour will take you to the central Synagogue named after Brodskiy, Old Podil with Synagogue, memorial to Golda Meir, former Prime Minister of Israel, and Sholom Aleichem monument. After lunch at a local restaurant continue to Kurenivskoye cemetery and Berkovtsy. In the afternoon you may also have a meeting with the ravine of the central Synagogue.
Day 3: Kiev - Zhytomir - Berdychev - Uman Transfer/Tour. Breakfast at the hotel followed by check out and coach transfer to Customize. Visiting Old Jewish quarter, graves of Reb Wolf, Reb Aaron the Great Maggid, Bogunsky Forest Memorial which is the site of mass graves and Synagogue. After lunch, proceed to Berdychev (once known as known as the “Jerusalem of Volhynia province”), where you will have a chance to visit Old Jewish quarter, Synagogue and Jewish cemetery with Tsadik Levy-Yitshok grave. Among the sites, which attract large numbers of Jewish visitors, is Uman where we take you from Berdychev. Late evening arrival and check in at Shaarei Zion hotel.
Day 4: Breakfast at the hotel followed by 3h tour around Uman - the burial place of Rebe Nachman of Bratslav and Gadyach, the tomb of Rabbi Shneur Zalman, the Alter Rebe – the founder of the Lubavitch Chassidic movement.
- Lunch at the local restaurant and Uman-Odessa 4h Transfer.
- Check in & dinner at the local restaurant.
- The city of Odessa has been a centre of Jewish culture for more than two hundred years of its existence. The Jewish community of Odessa was the metropolis for Jewish communities of USA (particularly New York), Germany, Australia, and other countries. Many prominent Israelis also came from this city.
Day 5: Breakfast at the hotel followed by 5h Odessa tour. Tour combines general places of interest like Prymorsky boulevard, Potemkin Steps, statue of the Duc de Richelieu, Opera and Ballet Theater and Jewish heritage sites among which are Synagogue, Stolyarsky Music School, Jewish school and Jewish Community Centre. With our professional guide you’ll find out about the history of the Odessa Jewish community and get acquainted with their culture.
Day 6 - Breakfast at the hotel. Optional tours to Kalinindorf, Stalindorf or Zlatopol followed by departure transfer to Odessa Airport.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Price is per person in USD.
- Price per person is lower for couples or families willing to stay in private apartments instead of hotels.
- July-August tour prices are about 15% higher due to high prices for accommodation in Odessa.
- Traveling with our company you can choose between staying in private apartments or hotels, train or plane transportation, choose excursions you want to take and place you want to visit. We'll do our best to adjust our tour to your budget and needs!