This tour is a great option for people wanting to visit these remote and unspoilt regions of Chile and Argentina. Due to the strength and durability of our vehicles we are able to visit these areas where conventional transport in unsuitable. Let us take the stress out of the journey while you enjoy the lakes, mountains and waterfalls of the region. Discover the Carretera Austral and explore the stunning landscapes of the Futaleufu Valley and the majestic Queulat Hanging Glacier. Finally discover the vast Patagonian steppe as we travel down Argentina’s infamous route 40.
Days 1-2: Departing from Bariloche, Cross Argentina’s fruit belt and have a quick stop at the train station of La Trochita – The Old Patagonian Express. Finish the day crossing back into Chile.
Enjoy the fabulous scenery of the Carretera Austral and visit the fishing village of Puyuhuapi on the edge of the Chilean Fiords.
Day 3: Get up close and personal to a spectacular hanging glacier in the Queulat National Park. Nature at its finest!
Day 4: Hike in the enchanted forest as we continue our journey to Coyhaique.
Day 5: We cross back into Argentina and on to the famous Ruta 40 (Route 40), overnight at a Patagonian guesthouse.
Day 6: Visit Cuevas de Las Manos (Caves of Hands) the most ancient native artistic expressions of the subcontinent.
Day 7: Enjoying the landscapes of the Patagonian Steppe as we head south to El Chalten and the Parque Nacional Los Glaciares.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
* 3 nights accommodation in standard hotels or guesthouse
* 3 nights in cabins
- Breakfasts daily, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
- Expert tour leader and local guides throughout
- Experienced Western driver/mechanic
- All National Park Entrance fees
- South Americas Best Road Trip Carretera Austral
- Queulat National Park & Queulat Hanging Glacier Carretera Austral
- Enchanted forest hike Carretera Austral
- Cuevas de las Manos - Argentinean Patagonia
- The tour finishes on arrival into El Chalten, accommodation not included
- We can help you with pre and post tour arrangements
- Please note that travel along the Carretera Austral and Route 40 is subject to road and weather conditions.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2010
We offer small group overland trips is custom built, deluxe expeditions vehicles throughout South America including the more off-the-beaten-track areas, ranging from 12 to 26 days. Also, custom designed tours for individuals or small groups which we can tailor to your exact needs. With over 14 years experience running...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Nature & Wildlife
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend