Argentina and Chile Discovery Tour (7 Days)offered by supplier M20605 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 8 - 20 people
Destination(s): Argentina Chile
Specialty Categories: National Parks
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1800 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1800 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Departing El Chalten. Enjoy the landscapes of the Patagonian Steppe as we head north from El Chalten and on to the famous Ruta 40 (Route 40).
Days 2-3: Visit Cuevas de Las Manos (Caves of Hands) the most ancient native artistic expressions of the subcontinent. We cross into Chile and onto the Carretera Austral "Southern Road", known as South Americas best road trip.
Days 4-5: Hike in the enchanted forest get up close to spectacular hanging glacier in the Queulat National Park. Overnight on the edge of the fiords. Drive to Futaleufu where we stay on a working farm and learn about the way of life in this remote part of Chile.
Day 6: Enjoy walks in this remote and unspoilt part of Chile. Horse riding and rafting is also available.
Day 7: We cross the mighty Futaleufu River into Argentina. After a quick stop at the train station of La Trochita – The Old Patagonian Express, we will continue to Bariloche, a resort town located in the heart of the Nahuel Huapi National Park.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
3 nights accommodation in standard hotels or guesthouse
3 nights in cabins
- Breakfasts daily, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
- Expert tour leader and local guides throughout
- Experienced Western driver/mechanic
- All National Park Entrance fees
- South Americas Best Road Trip Carretera Austral
- Queulat National Park & Queulat Hanging Glacier Carretera Austral
- Enchanted forest hike Carretera Austral
- Cuevas de las Manos - Argentinean Patagonia
- This tour joins with our Lakes District Discovery and our Southern Explorer tours
- The tour finishes on arrival into El Chalten, accommodation not included
- We can help you with pre and post tour arrangements
- Please note that travel along the Carretera Austral and Route 40 is subject to road and weather conditions.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2010
We offer small group overland trips is custom built, deluxe expeditions vehicles throughout South America including the more off-the-beaten-track areas, ranging from 12 to 26 days. Also, custom designed tours for individuals or small groups which we can tailor to your exact needs. With over 14 years experience running...