Cuba Education and Culture Touroffered by supplier M18834 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 10 - 21 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1449 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1799 US Dollar (USD)
- Eight days and seven nights of learning, fun and friendship in Cuba
- Five nights in the historic four star boutique Hotel Telégrafo, and two nights in the mountain top Resort Hotel Los Jazmines
- An up close highly personal examination of Cuba's renowned education system and island culture
- Be part of the authentic daily life of Cubans in La Havana, Artemisa and Pinar de Río provinces
- Experience island history, social and ecological achievements first hand
- Glean insights into dynamic citizen engagement in all aspects of urban and rural development and national policy
- Establish enduring personal and professional relationships with your Cuban counterparts and North American tour mates.
- A neighborhood party hosted by Habaneros for tour participants
- Dine with famed ceramist José Fuster at his Havana studio
- Meet teachers and students at the Latin American School of Medicine (ELAM) where low-income foreign youth learn to become doctors
- Tour the Cayo Hueso community. See its schools, health clinics and neighborhood development projects
- Institute for Superior Arts (ISA) from which the island's best music, dance, design, and visual arts talents emerge
- Guided coach tour spanning old to new Havana, and environs
- Two full travel days with Cuban university professors to learn all about the island and its education system – one-on-one
- Museum of Literacy tour led by curator Luisa Campos
- Live music and dance lessons from Grupo Dulce María
- Visit the training centers of the Federation of Cuba Women (FMC), the largest popular organization on the island
- Escuela Taller (Workshop School) trains local youth historical restoration arts and sciences. You'll meet its teachers and students
- Tour caves, farms, botanical gardens and mountain eco-communities.
- Departing on Saturday, 12 March
- Departing on Saturday, 19 March
- Departing on Saturday, 26 March
- Departing on Saturday, 16 April
- Departing on Saturday, 11 June
- Departing on Saturday, 18 June
- Departing on Saturday, 25 June
- Departing on Saturday, 02 July
- Departing on Saturday, 30 July
- Departing on Saturday, 06 August
- Departing on Saturday, 19 November
- Departing on Monday, 26 December.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Airport transfers
- Hotels and all breakfasts
- Five lunches, three dinners
- Luxury air-conditioned coach transportation
- An expert Cuban/English-speaking guide and translator throughout the program. Official Cuban medical insurance coverage.
- International airfare to and from Cuba
- Gratuities for guide, bus drive, hotel and restaurant staff
- Cuban airport departure fee of 28 dollars.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2008
M18834 organizes and hosts cultural, historical, environmental and educational programs to Cuba. Our focus is education; people-to-people connections and socially sustainable programs that ensure travel future generations. We are Cuban, American and Canadians. We help you to witness Cuba on encounters for peace,...