White Christmas in the Austrian AlpsPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 12 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 3 people
Destination(s): Czech Republic Austria
Specialty Categories: Christmas/New Year Tours Skiing & Snowboarding
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 3100 Australian Dollar (AUD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3200 Australian Dollar (AUD)
Prague: Christmas market, the fully lit Prague castle and Charles Bridge at night, the Astronomical clock, the funicular ride to the top of Petrin Hill, the welcome dinner with Czech traditional food.
Vienna: A stroll through the festive Christmas market in front of the Palace sipping hot mulled wine, Viennese café-houses, wine taverns and zitter music, the Imperial Palace and baroque palace of Schoenbrunn, the colours of the quirky Hundertwasser village.
Salzburg: The funicular ride up to the Fortress with views over the city. In front of the Cathedral in the centre of the historic city one of the most traditional Christmas markets in Europe can be found. Walking through the crunching snow eating hot roasted chestnuts and admiring the traditional handcrafted Christmas ornaments on display. The 'Sound of Music' tour to beautiful Lake Wolfgang and castle Hellbrunn. A visit to the famous 'Sound of Music' wedding church.
Austrian Alps/Bad Hofgastein: The jingling of bells on a horse-drawn sleigh, hot advent punch, visits to old mountain inns, Christmas Eve festivities with traditional Austrian Christmas dinner. Tobogganing, skiing, snow hiking, breathtaking views to the 3000 m high glacier-covered mountains, Austrian culinary specialties, soothing relaxation in hot spring waters and healing caves after a day in the snow. The day excursion to Kitzbuehel, ski resort of the rich and famous.
Sightseeing, activities and excursions:
- Christmas market in Prague, Vienna and Salzburg
- Guided sightseeing tour with local guide in Prague
- 2-day ticket for all transport in and around Vienna
- Excursion to village Christmas markets including cruise on Lake Wolfgang
- Christmas punch, souvenir cup and advent candle at the Wolfgangsee Christmas Market
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride
- Day excursion to Zell am See or Kitzbuehel
- Christmas Eve festivities
- Access to hotel thermal spa complex.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Accommodation: 11 nights in first class, 4 and 5 star central located hotels, some in historic buildings
* First class train rides between destinations with seat reservations where required
* Transport by minivan or car from Airport to hotel in Prague on arrival
* VIP transport between train station and hotel in Bad Hofgastein on arrival and departure
* 11 full breakfasts
* 2-course welcome meal featuring Czech specialties
* 2-course gourmet meal in front of an open fireplace in Salzburg
* Four 4-course dinners in Bad Hofgastein/Austrian Alps
* 4-course special Christmas evening dinner with Christmas festivities around the Christmas tree.