Wildlife Viewing Tour in Zimbabwe (7 Days)offered by supplier M20531 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 - 10 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 680 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1700 US Dollar (USD)
You will be collected from the Harare Airport, driven to all destinations, and dropped back at the Airport on completion of the Tour. Your Driver will escort you throughout. If you want a more leisurely trip, the Tour can be extended with additional nights at selected Destinations. We recommend a 10 Night Tour as being ideal.
Areas which can be visited in a day from your base Hotel are Nyanga, Vumba and Hot Springs. Areas which would require spending a night out are Chimanaimani, Triangle, Great Zimbabwe (all of which are normally visited in one trip over 3 nights) and Imire Game Park. We will build an Itinerary for you depending on your length of stay, budget and chosen destinations. Accommodation standards will vary from place to place, but all are clean and comfortable.
Main attractions for you to choose from are as follows:
- Nyanga, often called the Scottish Highlands of Zimbabwe. Bracken and gorse abound, as do trout streams and mist-cloaked fairways. The Day Trip would entail a Breakfast by a Mountain Stream (weather permitting) plus a swim, then up to Troutbeck Hotel where you can either play golf, fish for trout, ride horses or indulge in cream teas!!!
- Vumba, which means the Mountains of the Mist. The Day Trip would take you to the Leopard Rock Hotel - with one of the most scenic Golf Courses in Africa, if not the world. There is facility to play golf, ride horses, or walk in the Plains Game Park - which contains nothing with tusks, teeth or a burning need for protein!! The Trip would also offer a chance of Coffee at Tonys - hugely decadent cakes included. Spectacular views over Mozambique.
- Chimanimani, the last of the Mountain Ranges which run down the Eastern border of Zimbabwe! This would mean a night spent at Chimanimani, probably at the Frog 'n Fern, and would include a trip to the Bridal Veil Falls. Crisp air and stunning scenery
- Triangle, this would be an ideal stop overnight on the journey to Great Zimbabwe. Here there is a super little 9-hole Golf Course and Swimming pools with sun-heated water! Triangle is in the Lowveld of Zimbabwe, and very hot.
- Great Zimbabwe, where we will spend a day exploring the brooding ruins of the "Forgotten City". Full of mystery, the Ruins comprise 2 main sections - the Accropolis and the Great Enclosure. We would stay at Norma Jeanes - though unfortunately no sign of Marylin Monroe here!
- Hot Springs, a very simple a basic place, with hot water coming from a natural Spring. There is a swimming pool, but nothing like the over-commercialised resorts of Europe. And the Healing qualities are legendary! We would take a picnic and stop at the "Market" in Mutare on the journey home for a somewhat chaotic shopping experience.
- Imire Game Sanctuary, home to orphaned,injured or abandoned animals, Imire offers a chance to see all of Zimbabwes' Wildlife. (No - we don't have Gorillas here - that is Rwanda!) Imire is home to the most successful Rhino Breeding programme, and also has buffalo, elephant, sable, impala, waterbuck, zebra, warthog, kudu, nyala, crocodile, hippo, and more. The lions and hyenas are penned in enclosures. You would have a chance to view Game from horseback or an early morning elephant ride (optional extras). Imire is on the road between Harare and La Rochelle, so we would stop there either on the way to or from Harare.
Day 1: Arrive Harare Airport. collected and transfer to La Rochelle Hotel.
Day 2: Day Trip to Nyanga Mountains. Overnight La Rochelle.
Day 3: Travel to Chimanimani Mountains. Overnight Frog 'n Fern.
Day 4: Travel to Triangle. Overnight Triangle Club.
Day 5: Travel to Great Zimbabwe Ruins. Overnight Norma Jeanes.
Day 6: Travel to Hot Springs. Overnight La Rochelle.
Day 7: Rest Day. Greek Club for Dinner. Overnight La Rochelle.
Day 8: Day Trip to Vumba Mountains. Overnight La Rochelle.
Day 9: Travel to Imire Game Ranch: Overnight Sable Lodge.
Day 10: Day Game-viewing. Overnight Sable Lodge.
Day 11: Travel to Harare Airport for check-in.
Basic Tour (6 nights):
Day 1: Collected Harare Airport. transfer to La Rochelle.
Day 2: Day Trip to Nyanga Mountains. Overnight La Rochelle.
Day 3: Tour to Great Zimbabwe. Overnight Norma Jeanes.
Day 4: Travel to Hot Springs. Overnight La Rochelle.
Day 5: Day Trip to Vumba Mountains. Overnight La Rochelle.
Day 6: Travel to Imire Game Ranch. Overnight Sable Lodge.
Day 7: Travel to Harare Airport for check-in.
Tours can comprise any of the destinations listed.
Supplemental Tour Information:
Once you are in Zimbabwe, we would suggest that you take the oppourtunity to add-on a 3-day excursion to Victoria Falls. This would mean flying to Victoria Falls from Harare, and we would suggest you use the Ilala Lodge as your base in Vic Falls. In addition to seeing the Falls themselves, we would recommend the following activities:
- One-day White Water Rafting
- Zambezi River Sun-downder Cruise
- Tribal dancing
- Crocodile Farm tour, and Golf at the Elephant Hills.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Cost of $170.00 per person per day.
- All transport
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, soft drinks, bottled water
- Game drives
- Park entry fees, toll fees
- VAT and Government Levies.
- Golf fees
- Equipment hire charges
- Horse rides, elephant rides
- Airport taxes and fees
- Visa fees.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2010
The Company is Owned by Simon Herring, who owns and runs the La Rochelle Hotel - a Boutique Hotel located on the Mozambique border of Zimbabwe. Simon and his wife Della have both been in the Hospitality Industry in Zimbabwe for over 24 years, and have been at La Rochelle for 10 years. M20531 is a brand new concept - a...