Photography Workshop in Myanmar (Burma)offered by supplier M20947 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 11 day(s)
Group Size: 5 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Photography and Videography Cultural Journey
Season: October - November
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 3395 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3980 US Dollar (USD)
Two escorts will join you on this trip:
- Photography Guide, John, is a professional photographer who specializes in teaching photography. With 25 years behind the lens, John takes pride in making learning photography simple, easy and fun.
- Tour conductor, Karen, is the owner of this travel agency and a professional travel consultant. She has traveled extensively throughout Southeast Asia, and has a deep love for its people & culture.
- Local tour guides will also join us for all daytrips and excursions.
Day 1: Arrive Bangkok. Meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers at airport hotel. Overnight Bangkok.
Day 2: Yangon. Early flight to Yangon. Experience life on the outskirts of the city with a ride on a local train. This afternoon, visit the incredible Shwedagon Pagoda, the icon of Myanmar. Overnight Yangon. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 3: Bagan. Morning flight to Bagan. Visit a traditional lacquerware workshop and explore the incredible temples of ancient Bagan. Overnight Bagan. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 4: Bagan. Optional: Experience sunrise over the plains of Bagan from a hot-air balloon! $310 each (subject to change). Visit a monastery to meet school children. Go off the beaten path to the villages of Myinkaba and Minnanthu. Explore temples and see exquisite cave murals. This evening, cruise down the Ayeyarwady River and enjoy a private cocktail party on a sandbar! Overnight Bagan. Includes: (B, L, cocktail party).
Day 5: Bagan to Mandalay (by car). Take a scenic drive to Mandalay, stopping at local villages to learn more about Burmese life and culture. Enjoy sunset from Mandalay Hill. Overnight Mandalay. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 6: Mandalay. Visit Mahamuni and Kuthodaw Pagodas, and watch artisans at work in traditional handicraft workshops. Evening trip the local night market. Overnight Mandalay. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 7: Amarapura, Ava & Sagaing. Witness the monks collecting morning alms at Mahagandayon Monastery. Travel by horse-drawn carriage to see the Bagaya Monastery and the old Royal Palace. Visit Sagaing Hill, the religious center of Myanmar. Return to Amarapura for sunset over the 200-year-old teak U-Bein Bridge. Overnight Mandalay. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 8: Mandalay - Heho - Inle Lake. Fly to Heho then drive to Nyaung Shwe. Cruise Inle Lake in a private motorboat passing villages, gardens and fishermen at work. Visit a monastery and local craftsmen on the lake. Overnight Inle Lake. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 9: Inle Lake - InDein Village. Visit a fascinating local hill-tribe trading market. Go to InDein village, walk by a local school and wander through ancient stupas in Alaung Sitthou. Overnight Yangon. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 10: Inle Lake - Heho - Yangon. Return to Yangon by water, land & air. Visit Chinatown, Gem Street and Scott’s Market for last-minute souvenirs. Return to Shwe Dagon Pagoda this evening. Overnight Yangon. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 11: Depart Yangon. Transfer to airport for return flight to Bangkok. Includes: (B).
Supplemental Tour Information:
Pre and Post-Tour Suggestions:
- Pre-Tour: Join us in Thailand for a few days to acclimate to the weather and time zone before the tour starts.
- Post-Tour: Add an extension to Thailand for the Loy Krathong (Lantern) Festival or take some time to rest and relax at a nearby beach!
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Package Price (Per person, double occupancy): $3,395
- Optional add-ons:
* Single Supplement: $275
* Balloons Over Bagan: $310.
- Ten (10) nights accommodation; most meals
- Photography Guide
- Tour Director
- English-speaking local guides
- Flights within Myanmar
- Transfers and excursions with air-conditioned vehicles
- Boats as mentioned
- Entrance and camera fees
- Intl departure tax
- Tips for wait staff
- Porters and minimal tips for guides and drivers (additional tips are encouraged at your discretion).
- International tickets to/from Bangkok
- Visa for Myanmar (currently $30) travel insurance including emergency evacuation coverage (required)
- Meals other then mentioned, drinks other than water
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
- Video camera fees
- Tips for photography guide and tour director, and any other items not mentioned in inclusions.
Note: Contact us for full details.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: May 2011
Welcome to M20947, a full service travel agency specializing "cultural adventures" to exotic and unique locations. We believe that travel should be a good balance of relaxation and education, no matter what the occasion! Of course "balance" is in the eye of the beholder, and we work closely with our...