Essential Vietnam Cyclingoffered by supplier M21066 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 12 - 14 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 14 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1449 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1849 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Hanoi arrival. Pick up from airport and transfer to hotel. Rising Dragon (3 star).
Day 2: Hanoi (+/-60 km). You will ride along a bank of Red river, through farms, fruit plantations on the old riverside in the north of Hanoi, visit temples and practice Buddhist way of life. Continue cycling visit rices-noodle making in local family, silk farm. Boat trip crossing rive, continue cycling to Son Tay, picnic lunch box . P.M.: Visit Duong Lam village by bicycle, driving back to Hanoi by mini bus. Welcome dinner in local restaurant before take overnight train to Hue. Rising Dragon (3 star). Includes: (B, L).
Day 3: Hanoi to Hue (+/-45 km). Cycling through Hue's scenic countryside to the majestic of King Royal tombs, visit King Royal tomb. Overnight in Hue. Ngoc Huong Hotel (3 star). Includes: (B, D).
Day 4: Hue(+/-50 km). Cycling through Hue's scenic countryside to the majestic Minh Mang King Royal tombs. A succession of Nguyen Dynasty Emperor built there grand tomb on a wide scale, scattered around the outlying hills of Hue and these two are wonderful examples. Boat trip back to the city. Afternoon free to explore the giant, bustling riverfront market and other attraction of rest up for the next day's journey. Dinner in garden house. Overnight Hue. Ngoc Huong hotel (3 star). Includes: (B, D).
Day 5: Hue to Hoian (+/-70 km). Cycling in back road of country side from Hue to VinhHai beach (+/-70 km flat asphalt road). Optional 3 climb:
- Phuoc Tuong pass: 3 km, (altitude +/-200 m)
- Phu Gia pass: 2 km, (altitude +/-240 m)
- Hai van pass: 12 km (5 km up, 7 km down, altitude +/-400 m). Our route passes by rural villages and picturesque Lang Co lagoon, an ascent of the pass with stunning views of the coast and a thrilling 5-mile descent from the top of the green rice fields around DaNang. End of cycling in DaNang city, drive 32 km to Hoian. Overnight in Hoian. Indochina Hotel. Includes: (B, D).
Day 6: Hoian (+/-30 km). Vietnamese cooking lessons in town featuring local specialties by one of VietNam's most talented chefs in the morning. Cycling tour of HoiAn - country side villages in the afternoon. Local sea food in beach of HoiAn. Overnight in Hoian. Indochina Hotel. Includes: (B, D).
Day 7: Hoian to MyKhe - Quang Ngai (Distance: 125 km, cycling +/-60 km, asphalt road). Depart early along the coast and past scenic rice village. Coastal riding followed by coaster, lunch at the golden sands on beach - which is also a nice place for a dip in the cooling South China Sea. Driving to Quang Ngai. Overnight in Quang Ngai city. Petro Hotel (4 star). Includes: (B, D).
Day 8: Quang Ngai to Quy Nhon. Dist 180 km, cycling +/-90 km, asphalt road. Cycling in the back road of past rural rice villages canopied by swaying coconut palm. Arrive at the Quy Nhon town which faces a beautiful beach front. Overnight in QuyNhon. Saigon Quynhon hotel (4 star). Includes: (B, D).
Day 9: QuyNhon to TuyHoa. Distance 220 Km, cycling +/-73, asphalt road. Back road cycling in side high way one. Our ride from QuyNhon to Tuy Hoa covers some of VietNam's scenic coastline, featuring deserted blue lagoons and stone promontories. Overnight in TuyHoa. Long beach (2 star).
Day 10: Tuy Hoa - NhaTrang (cycling 70 km). Cycling in overlooking the water below, end of cycling around 4:00 pm in Nha Trang. Overnight in NhaTrang. Golden Hotel. Includes: (B, D).
Day 11: NhaTrang – Saigon (HoChiMinh city) no cycling day. Transfer to airport for flight to Saigon, free time for shoping in Sai Gon. Overnight in SaiGon. DaiNam Hotel (3 star). Includes: (B, D).
Day 12: Departure day. Free time until transfer to airport for departure flight. Price: 1,449 USD/person.
- English-speaking local cycling guide
- Local cycling tour leader
- Accommodations as mention on itinerary with 3 nights in 3 star hotel and 4 nights in 2 star, 2 night in 4 star local hotels around trip as mention by room share (2 people/room)
- Meals as noted B= breakfast, D=dinner
- Cold drink as coffee, tea, cola, juice, energy drink for cycling
- Fruit as banana, mango, green dragon
- Sightseeing and activities as noted in the itinerary
- 100% ground transportation by 2 mini buses.
- Flight tickets from Hanoi-Hue, Nha Trang- Saigon
- Additional guides where necessary.
- Cooking class in Hoian
- Bike hire with Trek 520, Surly Cross Check
- Basic medical.
- International airfare
- Meals not noted on itinerary
- Vietnam visa
- Insurance other than basic medical
- Optional tipping to leader
- Guides and local staff; excess baggage charges; international airport taxes; cost of medical immunizations; items of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.).
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Prices are based per person, double occupancy, with a separate cost for solo travelers. If you are traveling in a group but prefer single accommodations, a single supplement fee applies. Triple accommodations are not available in many of the destinations we visit.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2011
M21066 with mountain bike, asphalt road cycling was founder by Joe Nguyen (local Vietnamese) with more than 10 years' experience in the tour business working, challenge passing but thoughtful characteristic, knowledge of Vietnam, Joe opened M21066 in 2002 tries his best to give pleasure to the tourists. No one...