Dhampus Ghandruk Trek, Nepaloffered by supplier M20227 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 350 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 700 US Dollar (USD)
We will follow the Modi gorge valley through rhododendron and orchid hang forest before we climb to Ghandruk. Ghandruk, a large and prosperous Gurung village, is beautifully set against the backdrop of Annapurna South (7219 m), Hiunchuli (6441 m) and holy Mount Machhapuchhre (6993 m). The reminder of the treks follows the Modi valley and will drive back to Pokhara from Naya Pul. This is a short trek probably most popular route. There are no other routes which have this much natural diversity and cultural variety.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Arrive in Kathmandu meet assist and transfer to hotel and briefing about the trek/tour evening dinner greeting with Nepali culture programmes. O/n at Hotel,
Day 2: Free day. Kathmandu sightseeing.
After breakfast at Hotel start to visit Kathmandu Swayambhunath (monkey temple), and Boudhanath afternoon meeting with guide check the trekking gears. O/n at the hotel.
Day 3: Kathmandu - Pokhara.
Early in the morning breakfast at Hotel. Drive to Pokhara (about 6 hrs). One gets to view good scenery along the drive. Lunch will be served at the Local restaurant on the way to Pokhara. Finally arrive at the most beautiful city of Mountains and lakes. Pokhara is Nepal's most beautiful natural valley, which is also the most popular tourist destination. The Annapurna, Machhapuchere (Fishtail) and uncountable Mountains always stand high welcoming every visitor with a smile.
Day 4: Pokhara to Ghandruk.
In the morning we will leave Pokhara and take the bus to Phedi. From Phedi, we will walk upon a steep path that will lead us to Dampus. The views all around are beautiful. We can see some peaks of the Annapurna Range along with Manaslu. We will take the route towards Birethanti, where we cross the Modi River, turn right and after a 5 hour walk on a steep trail, we reach Ghandruk situated at a height of about 1940 m. From this village of Ghandruk we can vividly see the Machhapuchhare and other peaks of the Annapurna range. O/n at Tea House Lodge.
Day 5: Ghandruk to Dhampus.
Today will be relatively laidback compared to other days on your Nepal trip package. The trek leads slowly downhill on even paths. There's no climbing and plenty of spots along the way to lie back in the grass. You'll also come across several traditional tea houses where the cheerful local women will beckon you to come over and try their tea. You'll arrive in Dhampus by late afternoon; this is the starting point for expeditions to the summit of Mount Everest. You'll spend the night in a basic lodge where you can have chance to meet the trekker who did Annapurna circuit trek, or you can just sit back with a mug of masala tea and enjoy the amazing view. O/n at Tea House Lodge.
Day 6: Dhampus to Pokhara.
After breakfast, you will leave for Phedi where a driver will be waiting to take you back to Pokhara. In Pokhara, you'll check into the same hotel you stayed in at the beginning of the trek. The rest of the day is yours to spend as you wish in this friendly town on the lake. On a clear day, you can see the snow-capped peaks in the distance. Afternoon you can rent a boating at Phewa Lake. O/n at the hotel.
Day 7: Pokhara - Kathmandu.
Visit to Pokhara city and at afternoon fly from Pokhara back to Kathmandu which takes about 30 minutes. When you arrive you'll be picked up at the airport and taken to the same hotel you stayed at during the beginning of your Nepal trip package. Today you'll have time to do some last-minute sightseeing or to pick up a souvenir or two. Or you could just relax at your hotel. O/n at hotel.
Supplemental Tour Information:
This trek starts from Nayapul an hour car drive from Pokhara. In the beginning of trek village life, culture, terrace view, water falls and green hills’ view can be enjoyed. From Ghandruk Mt. Annapurna and Mt. Dhaulagiri Can be viewed. These are mountain over 7000 m. Ghandruk offers most spectacular view of mountains peak and sun rise over Himalayas. Ghandruk village is another attraction of this trek. Ghandruk is habitation of Gurungs who are known is “Gurkhas”. Gurkhas have glorious history they created in Second World War. High Lights of This treks are Birethanti Water Fall, Poon Hill – Sun rise, and Ghandruk Village.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Private arrival and departure transfers.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on twin share bed/single and breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while trekking (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek.
- Accommodation in teahouse during the trek.
- Welcome/fare - well dinner in Kathmandu.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Our Gears - sleeping bag, duffel bag, etc., for the use during the trip. Garbage plastic bag.
- Professional local experienced trek leader/guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Comprehensive first aid kit.
- Respective region (Annapurna) trekking map, TIMS Card and trek permit.
- Well-experienced Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Necessary Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket and trousers fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes/boots, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc. .
- The trekking t-shirt.
- Trekking map to each members.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind.
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Lunch and dinner except mentioned on email.
- All drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, beverage drinks etc. .
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2010
Greetings from the Himalayan Country of Nepal! M20227 is the largest full service trekking and tour operator in Nepal. We are fully recognized by the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal, the Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN), the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) and the...