Gosainkunda Trek, Hiking in Nepaloffered by supplier M20227 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 10 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 450 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 900 US Dollar (USD)
The most auspicious day for the Pilgrimage is Full moon day (Shrawan Purnima) in July. During the trek You will follow a rugged trail with dramatic views; to the west Himal chuli (7893m) Manaslu (8156mm) and Ganesh Himal (7406m). On a clear day, even the Annapurna range can be seen rising up behind and to the north across the valley is Langtang Lirung. You pass a few huts in the high picture of Laurebina, cross a small ridge and have our first views of the holy lakes.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Arrive in Kathmandu meet assist and transfer to hotel and brifing about the trek evening dinner greeting with Nepali culture programmes. O/n at hotel.
Day 2: Free day.
Kathmandu sightseeing. After breakfast at Hotel start to visit Kathmandu Swayambhunath(monkey temple), and Boudhanath afternoon meeting with guide check the trekking gears. O/n at the hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani (2194 m).
Today after breakfast at the hotel days start with about 1 hrs drive to Sundarijal from where trekking going to begin. The trail start ascending steeply through dense forest of oak, pine and rhododendron along with a large water pipe, that supplies water to Kathmanduites, until the ridge of Burlang Bhanjyang(2442 m) from where you will have magnificent views of Annapurna in the west to Ganesh Himal and Numbur in the East. Then, you descend again through oak and rhododendron forest, cultivated fields and meadows to Chisapani. Stay over night at the tea house.
Day 4: Trek to Khutumsang via Gul Bhanjyang (2470 m).
Chisapani is such a nice place from where you able to Dorgelakpa and Langtang Himalayan range. After breakfast trek descent about one and half hour, you reach a large Tamang village-Pati bhanjyang from where you again climb to cross a pass of 2470 m and then descend to Gul Bhanjyang, another Tamang Village. From here the trail again hikes to a pass of 2620 m before descends to Khtumsang. You will have splendid views, stretching from the Annapurna’s and Manaslu in the west to Numbur in the East. Stay over night at the tea house.
Day 5: Trek to Tharepati (3490 m).
From Khutumsang, the trail ascend through forest with superb views across to Numbur, Jugal Himal and many other snowcapped peaks, before you arrive a ridge form where a short descent brings you to Mangan Kharka at 3285 m. Now, the trail gradually gains altitude through pine and rhododendron forest with good views down into the Helambu valley and across to Jugal Himal and Numbur. Finally reach at the Tharepati for overnight.
Day 6: Trek to Phedi (3630 m).
From Tharepati, the trail descends to a stream and ascends along the ridge, through rhododendron and juniper forests, to Ghopte at 3359 m. From here, we again ascend to Phedi. This is such a nice trek which offer imagines view of Laurebina pass. Stay over night at the tea house.
Day 7: Trek to Gosainkunda (4336 m).
The trail ascend all the way to Laurebina pass at 4610m, pass four small lakes and descend through rugged country and arrive in Gosaikunda. There are three sacred lakes in Gosainkunda - Saraswati Kunda, Bharavi Kunda and Gosaikund. This third lake is particularly sacred and is a place of pilgrimage in summer. According to the legend, this lake was created by Lord Shiva himself when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain water to quench his thirst after he drank the poison which was a by product while churning the ocean by “Suras” and “Asuras” for ambrosia. Stay over night at the tea house.
Day 8: Trek to Sing Gompa (3254 m).
From the lake - Saraswati Kunda, the trail ascends to a ridge. There are good views across Langtang valley to Langtang Lirung. To the west are dramatic views of Himalchuli, Ganesh Himal and Manaslu. From this ridge, we descend to Sing Gompa via Laurebina. There is a small monastery and a cheese factory in Sing Gompa. Stay over night at the tea house.
Day 9: Trek to Dhunche (1950 m).
Today after breakfast you trek down all the way to Dhunche through the forest of oaks, firs and rhododendrons. Dhunche is district head quarter of Rasuwa. Stay over night at the tea house.
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu (1350 m).
Today after an early morning breakfast your guide will take you to the bus station for day scenic countryside drive back to Kathmandu through the bumpy rode till Betrbati Bazaar. After Betrabati Bazaar the road begin better. Stay over night at the hotel.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Private arrival and departure transfers.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin share bed/Single and breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while trekking (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek.
- Accommodation in teahouse during the trek.
- Welcome/fare - well dinner in Kathmandu.
- The sightseeing city tour with world heritage entrance fees.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Gears: sleeping bag, duffel bag etc for the use during the trip, garbage plastic bag.
- Professional local experienced trek leader/guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Comprehensive first aid kit.
- Respective region (Langtang) trekking map, TIMS Card.
- Well-experienced climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Necessary Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket and trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes/boots, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- The trekking t-shirt.
- Trekking map to each members.
- Nepal entry Visa fees.
- Your travel insurance of any kind.
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Lunch and dinner except mentioned on email.
- All drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, Telephone, beverage drinks etc. .
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2010
Greetings from the Himalayan Country of Nepal! M20227 is the largest full-service trekking and tour operator in Nepal. We are fully recognized by the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal, the Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN), the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) and the...