Nepal Adventure - Helambu Circuit Trekoffered by supplier M20227 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 9 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 450 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 900 US Dollar (USD)
The Langtang valley is aptly called "the valley of glaciers". Here the mountain-scape is spectacular. On either side of valley, mountains rise, soaring into the sky. The valley offers pine forest, slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks, grassy downs and meadows strewn with daisies and wild primulas. In the upper part of the valley there are snow bridges spanning angry torrents, high passes enveloped in mist, tiny lakes with icebergs floating on them and waters of crystalline brightness.
This trek is comparatively easier one due to the fact that the elevations are lower, ranging between 800m. and 3600m, offering less climbing as well as warmer temperatures. The most important benefit of this trek is that the area is less crowded and free from noise in comparison to the Annapurna trek and some parts of the Everest treks. Besides this, the trek offers a wide range of cultures and spectacular scenery.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Arrive in Kathmandu meet assist and transfer to hotel and brifing about the trek evening dinner greeting with Nepali culture programmes. O/n at the hotel.
Day 2: Free day. Kathmandu sightseeing.
After breakfast at Hotel start to visit Kathmandu Swayambhunath(monkey temple), and Boudhanath afternoon meeting with guide check the trekking gears. O/n at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 3: Sundarijal to Chisopani (2,300 m).
A 15 km drive from Kathmandu takes you to the starting point of the trek. On arrival at Sundarijal, you can visit Shivapuri watershed and Wild life Reserve. From Sundarijal, the trail heads up to the concrete steps beside the pipeline which supply drinking water for the valley. We leave the pipeline near the dam, and then on to Mulkharka, trekking up the ridge at around 1895 m, some 600 m above Sundarijal. There you can take some time to relax in the convenient tea shops, and to enjoy the view back over the valley. We then continue walking to Chisopani (2300 m) from where stunning mountain views are to be seen. O/n at the Guest House.
Day 4: Chisopani to Khutumsang (2,470 m).
From Chisopani the trail leads down to Pati Bhanjyang (1770 m), a lovely small village. After reaching Pati Bhanjyang, the trail leads up and then down to the village of Gul Bhanjyang (2140m). From here the trails climbs up to 2620m and then again descends along the rocky route to Khutumsang (2470 m). O/n at Guest House
Day 5: Khutumsang to Tharepati (3490 m).
Following a ridge line, the trail continues via lightly populated forest to Magen Goth from where the view of Langtang and Gosaikund peak is stunning, and finally reaching Tharepati (3490 m). This walk from is one of the best ridge walks among all treks in Nepal. The trails to Gosaikund branches off north - west from here. O/n at Guest House.
Day 6: Tharepati to Tarke Gyang (2620 m).
Turning east, the trail rapidly descends down a ravine through small Sherpa village of Malemchigaon (2530 m) with splendid lodges and fine old and artistic Gompas. The trail again descends leaving the village and crossing Malenchi Khola by a bridge at 1890 m and making the long climb up the other side of the valley to Tarke Gyang at 2620 m, which is the largest village in Helambu. O/n at the Guest House.
Day 7: Tarke Ghyang to Sermathang (2620 m).
The trails gently descends through a beautiful forest to Sermathang (2620 m). It is the centre of an important apple growing area from where a fantastic view of the Himalayas is seen. O/n at the Guest House.
Day 8: Sermathang.
Today we immerse ourselves in the local culture, taking time out to meet the people of the area and understand their lifestyle and customs. It also acts as a spare day in case you wish to take the trek a little slower. O/n at Guest House.
Day 9: Sermathang to Malemchi Pul Bazar (846 m) Kathmandu.
As we leave Sermanthang the trails then continues to descent to Dubhachaur at 1500 m, and then again steeply down to Malemchi (830 m) where it meets the road. This village has good collection of teahouses and lodges and all kinds of transportation including buses to get to Panchkhal on the Kodari road. O/n at the hotel.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Private arrival and departure transfers.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and on twin share bed/Single and breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while trekking (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek.
- Accommodation in teahouse during the trek.
- Welcome/fare - well dinner in Kathmandu.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Gears: sleeping bag, duffel bag etc for the use during the trip. garbage plastic bag.
- Professional local experienced Trek Leader/Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Comprehensive first aid kit.
- Respective region (Langtang) trekking map, TIMS Card and trek permit.
- Well-experienced climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Necessary Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket & trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes/boots, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- The trekking t-shirt.
- Trekking map to each members.
- Nepal entry Visa fees.
- Your travel insurance of any kind.
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Lunch and dinner except in Kathmandu.
- All drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, drinks etc.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2010
Greetings from the Himalayan Country of Nepal! M20227 is the largest full service trekking and tour operator in Nepal. We are fully recognized by the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal, the Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN), the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) and the...