Kathmandu Valley Trek, Nepal Hikingoffered by supplier M20227 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 6 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 420 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 480 US Dollar (USD)
But life and civilization are mainly concentrated in the Katmandu valley where temples, palaces and monasteries abound. This trip combines a relaxing and easy trek with the cultural element. On little-frequented trails, it is fascinating to go from one village to another, along a river or on a hillside, through terraced rice-fields and woody areas and enjoy magnificent panoramas of the countryside set against a backdrop of snow-covered peaks. Every stage brings its own reward: the breath-taking scenery of the Himalayan peaks in Nagarkot, the visit of the medieval city of Bhaktapur, the fascinating Namo Buddha monastery and Panauti pagodas.
Entire route is fully conserved greenery and has very exciting flavor of both tradition and modernity. One does not have to miss the opportunity of seeing magnificent views of the Himalayas because this route also offers ample opportunities for viewing panoramic views of the Himalayan range from Gaurishankar to Langtang and Ganesh Himal to the perception of real proximity. During the season of late February to March, one can enjoy with the rhododendron flower. Also this area is famous to watch the wild animals as well as many specious of birds.
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu (1300 m).
Arrive in Kathmandu meet assist and transfer to hotel and brifing about the trek evening dinner greeting with Nepali culture programmes. O/n at the hotel.
Day 2: Free day.
Kathmandu sightseeing. After breakfast at Hotel start to visit Kathmandu Swayambhunath (monkey temple), and Boudhanath afternoon meeting with guide check the trekking gears. O/n at the hotel.
Day 3: Kathmandu – Chisapani (2,300 m).
From Kathmandu to Sundarijal by drives takes about an hour. The trail begins from Sundarijal quite sleep and goes along the large water pipe coming down from the Sundarijal reservoir. After entering the Shivapuri national park, the trail leads to village of Mulkhara. From Mulkhara Mountain trail leads through a light forest ascending and descending to Chisapani (2300 m). Walking time takes about 6 hours. O/n at Chisapani.
Day 4: Chisopani – Nagarkot (2,100 m).
From Chisopani, trail leads through flat and descending to Partibhanjyang. After crossing several villages trail leads finally ascending to Nagarkot (2130 m). From Nagarkot one can see more mountain views' including Mt. Everest, walking time takes about 7 hours. O/n at Nagarkot.
Day 5: Nagarkot – Dhulikhel.
From Nagarkot, trail leads descending and ascending to Dhulikhel through several villages Walking time takes about 5 hours. O/n at Dhulikhel.
Day 6: Dhulikhel - Kathmandu.
After breakfast drive back to Kathmandu on the way visit to Bhaktapur Durbar Square. O/n at Kathamandu.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
The price US$480.00 Per person using a Deluxe Hotel and US$420.00 per person using a Standard Hotel.
- Private arrival and departure transfers on international flights
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu, Nagarkot, Dhulikhel on twin share bed/Single and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- Full board meals while trekking (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek
- Welcome/fare - well dinner in Kathmandu
- The sightseeing city tour with world heritage entrance fees
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek
- Gears: sleeping bag, duffel bag etc for the use during the trip. garbage plastic bag
- Professional local experienced trek leader/guide trained in wilderness first aid
- Comprehensive first aid kit
- Necessary porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment
- Proper insurance of all staff including porters
- The trekking t-shirt
- Trekking map to each members.
- Nepal entry Visa fees
- Your travel insurance of any kind
- International airfare and airport tax
- Lunch and dinner except mentioned on email
- All drinks and main meals in cities
- Tips and items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, beverage drinks etc.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2010
Greetings from the Himalayan Country of Nepal! M20227 is the largest full service trekking and tour operator in Nepal. We are fully recognized by the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal, the Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN), the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) and the...