The "Sossusvlei Flight"offered by supplier M21030 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 4 people
Specialty Categories: Flightseeing Desert Expeditions
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 200 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 400 US Dollar (USD)
From Sossusvlei into the Diamond Restricted Area flying over the remains of three old diamond camps and crossing the coastline at Conception Bay passing colonies of Cape Fur seals, the shipwreck of the passenger liner "Eduard Bohlen" stranded in 1909, she lies 250m away from the shore. Further along the coast another shipwreck, the "Shaunee" stranded in 1976. Along the coast with the Atlantic surf on the one side and the "long wall" (Namib Dunes) on the other, we reach Sandwich Harbour, a wetland of international importance and protected by the Ramsar Convention.
The highest recorded density of Lesser and Greater flamingo’s was recorded at low tide with 7 791 birds/km. In harmony with the surroundings we find Namibia's coastal salt mines, south of Walvis Bay, attracting thousands of birds. Walvis Bay, Namibia's major harbour town and a former enclave to South Africa, which was incorporated into Namibia on March 1, 1994 is our next destination. Midway between Walvis Bay and Swakopmund we pass the Langstrand Holiday Resort and the Dolphin Park recreation Resort on our way "back" to Swakopmund to refuel. Continue to our drop off.
Trip Duration: +/-2h20 = 610 km.
- This quotation is linked to the N$/US$ exchange rate and an escalation may influence the quoted price.
- ISOS Cover - Passengers will be covered for the duration of the entire flight. The cover only includes medical emergencies arising from direct trauma (eg. an accident), and passengers will not be covered for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Cancellation must be received in writing and are valid from the date of receipt at the office. The following charges are applicable:
* up to 30 days before date of departure 10% of the total amount due
* up to 15 days before departure 25% of the total amount due
* up to 7 days before departure 50% of the total amount due
* less than 6 days before departure 100% of the total amount due.
- We accept no responsibility for any delays caused by unforeseen circumstances, mechanical breakdowns, diversions or cancellations due to adverse weather or circumstances beyond our control. Confirmation is subject to availability of aircraft and pilot(s). The prices are firm for the indicated date only. We do reserve the right to alter these prices with any new, unforeseen increases in fuel prices, new government taxes, etc.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Price on request. Contact supplier for prices.
- Sossusvlei Excursion + Lunch
- Fuel, pilot fees, landing fees & parking fees, and refreshments on board
- Insurance, and VAT, passenger tax, ISOS Cover per passenger.
Transfers: In Swakopmund/airfield are free of charge!
- Costs which may occur as a result of having to divert to an alternate airfield, due to adverse weather, or reasons which may effect the safety of our passengers
- The company accepts no responsibility for any delays caused by unforeseen circumstances, mechanical breakdowns, diversions or cancellations due to adverse weather or circumstances beyond our control.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2011
M21030 is situated in the central plateau of Namibia, at 70 km from the capital Windhoek, and 50 km from the Hosea Kutako International Airport, extends over 13000 ha, and offers wide open views of woodland savannah, broken hills and rocky terrain. Feel the space and peace around you. Listen to the sounds of nature and...