8 Days Lake Turkana via Lake BaringoPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 15 people
Specialty Categories: Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1500 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 1500 US Dollar (USD)
tackles some of Africa’s worst roads, crosses dusty deserts and high mountains and takes you
to the sparkling waters of the Jade Sea Lake Turkana.
Day 1: Nairobi - Nakuru - Lake Baringo. We depart Nairobi early in the morning stopping at the top of the world to view the great Rift Valley. Lunch at Nakuru and arrive at Lake Baringo late afternoon. Watch out for hippo while you shower. Overnight at the campsite.
Day 2: Lake Baringo - South Horr. We will climb out of the Rift Valley in the morning chill towards Maralal and the red-ochred Samburu people,who are still nomadic and proud. Then another spectacular climb up Losiolo and down past Baragoi to South Horr where we camp next to a small clear stream.
Day 3: Lake Baringo - Lake Turkana. We break early in the morning for Lake Turkana. The rough road gets worse as we descend across ancient lava flows towards the Jade Sea and the Oasis Loiyangalani lying between the lake and Mt. Kulal. We arrive at our permanent beach campsite just outside Loiyangalani soon after lunch and settle in our traditional Turkana huts with a cool breeze blowing from the lake. Indeed a perfect place to relax protected from scorching sun and heat characteristic of the harsh climate of this remote area.
Day 4: Lake Turkana. We spend the day relaxing and bathing only interrupted by a short boat excursion to visit the surrounding areas where crocodiles and birds may be spotted. In addition, we visit Loiyangalani and the community settled there while in the evening we may visit one of the Turkana Manyattas for traditional dances under a star studded sky at an extra cost if clients wish.
This will be an unforgettable experience.
Day 5: Lake Turkana - Maralal. We will go up the Horr valley and back to Baragoi, camping further South at Maralal.
Day 6: Maralal - Samburu Game Reserve. We arrive at Samburu park around lunch time and settle in our permanent campsite beautifully set under a canopy of trees on the edge of Uaso Nyiro River .
Day 7: Samburu Game Reserve. A full day game viewing in the park. Elephants abound: we may see lion, reticulated giraffe, gerenuk, Grey's zebra and oryx. Meals and overnight at the camp.
Day 8: Samburu Game Reserve - Nairobi. The road back to Nairobi passes over the high shoulder of Mt. Kenya. Lunch en route arriving in Nairobi by later afternoon.
What you need to bring on the Safari:
- Sleeping bag (available for hire at the office for US$ 30) per bag per safari plus a
refundable deposit US $50 after the Safari).
- Money for personal spending and tipping approximately US$ 50.
- -Mineral Water for drinking (available for sale in the office).
Toilet paper, towel, soap, toothpaste.
- Only a small case or rucksack, suntan lotion, swim suit, torch, sunglasses, insect repellant etc.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All airport transfers with assistance
- Transport in 9 seater Tour Van with pop up roof
- Direct Check-in with assistance in the city hotels and safari lodges
- Services of an English-speaking and professional safari driver/guide
- Tour bus fitted with Hi-Fi radio
- Full board Accommodation at Lodge
- All park entrance fees
- All Government taxes and levies
- 3 meals a day vegetarian and non-vegetarian
- Game drives
- Drivers allowance.
- For the first night or the last night accommodation in Nairobi, but we can arrange that for you!
International flight to and from Nairobi;
- Personal expenses like Visas, travel/baggage insurance, laundry, tips;
- Christmas and new year’s supplement of US $40 per single room per night.