Jewish Heritage Expanded Grand Tour 3,5 - 4 Houroffered by supplier M20874 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 25 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey Sightseeing
Season: May - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 36.15 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 38 Euro (EUR)
We visit the Synagogue triangle, which shows different values of Jewry. The tour includes an interior visit to the Dohány Street Synagogue, which is the largest in Europe, and local guided tour in the Jewish Museum, which has an important and unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe. You will see The Martyrs’ Cemetery where thousands were buried, who were killed during the WWII. Our next stop will be the Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park with the Tree of Life which was created to remind us of those who perished in the war. We pass by the Heroes Temple, which was built in memory of those who gave their lives during the WWI. To understand the past and the present we continue our walk to the Jewish Quarter, which was used as a ghetto during the WWII and today hosts synagogues, monuments, kosher restaurants, and kosher shops. We will arrive for a few minutes from the main synagogue to the Rumbach Synagogue. After that we continue our tour to Carl Lutz Memorial Park and the famous Gozsdu Courtyard. After a short walk we will arrive to the center of the orthodox Jewish community, where we take an interior visit of the Kazinczy Street Synagogue. After our tour, we will invite you a cake and drink in the kosher Fröhlich confectionary. You have an other option, to have 10% discount in the kosher Carmel restaurant.
- Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue (entrance fee is included)
- Jewish Museum with local guiding (entrance fee is included in the price)
- Martyrs’ Cemetery– Holocaust Memorial
- Wallenberg Park
- Tree of Life
- Heroes’ Temple – (outside visit)
- Interior visit of the status quo Rumbach Synagogue (entrance fee is included)
- Carl Lutz Memorial Park
- Gozsdu Passage
- Orthodox Jewish Quarter
- Interior visit of the Orthodox Kazinczy Street Synagogue (entrance fee is included
- Cake and coffee in kosher Frőhlich confectionary or you can have 10 % discount in the kosher Carmel Restaurant
10:00 on weekdays (Monday - Thursday), on Sundays at 11:00
- entrance fee to the Jewish Museum
- entrance fee to the Dohány Street Synagogue
- entrance fee to the Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park
- entrance fee to the Jewish Centre, where you can visit periodic exhibitions
- entrance fee to the Rumbach Street Synagogue
- entrance fee to the Kazinczy Street Synagogue
- a cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich pastry
- 10% off your order at the kosher Carmel Restaurant
Further important information:
At the end of the tour your guide will give you your entrance ticket to the Jewish Centre. These tickets can be used just for one time, but are valid for one day. If you decided to go back next day to take some picture, to the souvenir shop or to visit the Jewish Centre, please keep your tickets and show them at the entrance.
We don't have tours on Jewish holidays, when the grand Synagogue is closed for guiding (Those dates can not be booked on the sites linked below).
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Museum entrance fees
- Cake and coffee in a kosher confectionery
- 15% discount in the kosher Carmel Restaurant.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2011
The M20874 was established in 1995 to assist foreign visitors to Budapest in gaining insight into the renowned Hungarian culture. We offer not only classical music concerts and folk-dance performances, but we would also like to show our guests the most beautiful sights of the capital’s cultural heritage: our guides...