Hub and Spokes Cycling Holiday in n Balkan Mountainoffered by supplier M21189 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 5 - 10 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 6 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 84 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 89 Euro (EUR)
Let us take you on a bike vacation across the Eastern Balkan. Discover one of the mountains in South Europe where different people found their safe home in hard times. There is a lot to see, enough to try and enough to get. Dive in the heart of a multi-ethnic rural area, keeping old traditions and curious customs of the locals. Cycle the beautiful mountainous region revealing unique natural and cultural places.
1. The Hub on Cherni Vrah is a perfect base for cycling routes to some of the most beautiful places in the Eastern Balkan. On the west is situated the medieval Bulgarian capital Veliki Preslav, the cradle of the Cyrillic literature and Zlatar Monastery. On the east is the Gorge of Luda Kamchia where the Wonderful Rocks and the big Conevo Dam are stretched. On the north and on the south many rock formations raises and beautiful waterfalls and caves are hidden in the forests. In the area around there are a lot of places for rest and traditional restaurants, where you’ll discover the true delicious taste of the rich Bulgarian cuisine.
The main highlights are Veliki Preslav, the Wonderful Rocks and the big Conevo Dam, Golyama Kamchia Gorge, Zlatarevo Monastery, Patleina Nature Reserve
2. Medven Hub - Placed deep in the woody Eastern Balkan Mountain and keeping the traditional outlook of the 19th century Bulgarian revival architecture, the Hub in the village of Medven provides a great chance for many activities. Amazing waterfalls, hidden abysses and little known caves are scattered in the karstic area of Zlosten, which arises between the meandering Luda and Golyama Kamchia rivers. Most of the neighboring settlements are sightseeing themselves because of the preserved traditions, diverse ethnic and religious composition, architecture and divine nature.Relax your mind in a real wonderland separated from the surrounding lowlands enjoying the famous local Gypsy music bands carrying the spirit of the romantic atmosphere. The adjacent to the Balkan Provadia shelters our hub in the village of Mogila. A nice and cozy guest house is a part of well-maintained family farm, so here you could enjoy the peace and quite of the farm life in Bulgaria as well as the cycling trips. If Planning your own itinerary you may take part in some of the daily farmers’ duties of course. The pleasant bike spokes from Mogila follow predominantly hilly terrain going from one plateau to another. Admire the great panoramic views stunning rocks and legendary historic sites, such as the Unesco Heritage "Madara Rider", ruins of Pliska and the fortress of Ovech.
3.The town of Veliki Preslav lies on the foothills of the Balkan and it is popular with its amazing landscape park, which shelters the ruins of the medieval capital of Bulgaria. Preslav flourished in 10th century as one of the greatest European centers of the Christianity becoming a cradle of the Cyrillic literature. Veliki Preslav is situated in the middle of a highly appreciated winegrowing region and cycling around immediately take you among vineyards and you could not to miss wine tasting stops en route. The low-mountainous area attracts with quite roads, vast woods, several historical monuments, lakes and picturesque villages emphasizing the pastoral scenery
A nice and cozy guest house will host those who choose Mogila for their bike vacation. The house is a part of well-maintained family farm, so here you could enjoy the peace and quite of the farm life in bulgaria. If you have enough time you may take part in some of the daily farmers’ duties of course. The pleasant cycling trips from Mogila follow predominantly hilly terrain going from one plateau to another. Admire the great panoramic views, stunning rocks and legendary historic sites, such as the Madara Rider, ruins of Pliska and the fortress of Ovech.
The close vicinities of Mogila offer fabulous trekking paths and the numerous lonely hills are often used for paragliding, unfortunately not so popular in Bulgaria
Natural Highlights are:
- Gorge of Kamchia River
- Ticha Lake
- Kotlenska Mountain
- Sini Vir Waterfall
- Skala Lakes
- Canyon of Provadiiska River
- Shumensko Natural Park
Cultural Highlights are:
- Veliki Preslav Archaeological Site
- Preslav medieval golden treasure
- Madara Rider Monument - UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Pliska Archaeological Site
- Osmar Rock Monasteries
- Village of Zheravna
- Old town of Kotel
Traditions & Lifestyle Highlights are:
- Alevi festivals in Yablanovo
- Gypsy music of Kotel
- Eastern Balkan cuisine
- Osmar and Preslav wineries
- Eastern Balkan wooden architecture
- Kabiyuk Studfarm
The region of our Hubs provides chances for some other activities you may choose at your vacation. Enjoy Horse riding, Farming, Traditional cooking; Live music bands; Boat trips and bird watching.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Transport from/to the airports of Varna and Burgas to the first/last hub and in-between the hubs
- HB accommodations located in the heart of the best cycling routes with breakfast and dinner included
- Fully equipped bike. You can bring your own helmet or rent one from us
- Detailed route notes and highlighted maps for daily spokes. Every spoke has shorter and longer options - perfect for groups of mixed abilities and desires
- A car and driver at your disposal. Request should be made at least 3 hours before the planned beginning of trip. The price covers total distances not longer than approximately 200 km/day
- Advice on planning your daily spokes around lunch stops, whether it will be a special picnic location, or a not-to-be-missed restaurant en route
- Emergency contact mobile phone and info
- Technical support at short notice
- Lists of local cultural events, sites and wineries
- Medical insurance for Bulgaria.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2012
M21189 is specialized in fully supported guided bicycle tours and self guided Hub & Spoke cycling tours in Eastern Europe. Active biking recreation exploring historical and cultural heritage along the green trails in Bulgaria and Romania which connect notorious Danube River with the archaic west coast of Black Sea....