The Baltic Capitals (7 Days, 6 Nights) from Vilnius (Lithuania)offered by supplier M20129 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 35 people
Destination(s): Lithuania Latvia Estonia
Specialty Categories: Sightseeing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 649 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 895 Euro (EUR)
Vilnius Old Town boasts outstanding architectural diversity in one of the largest and best-preserved old towns in all of Central and Eastern Europe. This UNESCO World Heritage site is filled with Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque masterpieces. Narrow medieval streets, secluded courtyards, town castles and fortifications and an incredible number of churches reflect the city’s rich and vibrant history.
Day 1: Vilnius. Arrival in Vilnius. Individual transfer to the hotel (not included). Check-in at the hotel. 7:00 p.m. welcome meeting at the hotel with tour guide or Amber tours representatives. Overnight: Vilnius.
Day 2: Vilnius - Trakai - Vilnius (50 km). 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Vilnius, capital of Lithuania for more than 600 years. The tour includes: St.Peter and Paul’s Church, Gediminas Castle, Cathedral Square with St. Stanislaw Cathedral and Bell tower, St.Ann and Bernardines’ Church, Amber gallery-museum, Užupis - one of the oldest districts of Vilnius, mentioned in the historical sources as far back as the 16th century, nowadays the artists’ “republic”, which has its own constitution, national anthem, calendar and map, the Gates of Dawn with a holy image of the Virgin Mary, Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit, Town Hall Square and Vilnius University (founded in 1579) with St. John’s Church. Afternoon trip to Trakai (25 km from Vilnius), the former capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Visit to the insular castle of the 14th century, erected on a small island in the lake Galve. Return to Vilnius. In the evening optional: dinner at Lithuanian restaurant “ Lokys” or similar. Overnight: Vilnius.
Day 3: Vilnius - Hill of Crosses - Rundale - Riga (380 km). 9:00 a.m. departure by coach to Riga, the capital of Latvia. Stop at the Hill of Crosses (16 km from Šiauliai), the unforgettable place with thousands of crosses on two small hills. A further drive to Riga. Stop in Rundale. Visit to Rundale Palace of the 18th century, a beautiful late baroque palace in Latvia. It is a splendid example of the early work of famous Italian architect F.B.Rastrelli. Arrival in Riga, check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Riga.
Day 4: Riga. 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Riga. A combined coach and walking tour encompasses the most significant sights of Riga: driving along the central boulevards of Riga, enjoying the view of the City Canal Parks, the Bastion Hill, the Powder Tower, the Latvian National Theatre, the Fine Arts Museum, the Art Nouveau Buildings of the beginning of the 20th century, the Freedom Monument, University of Latvia, Latvian National Opera House and the Daugava River. During the walking part of the tour you will enjoy the beauty of the ancient Hanseatic City: picturesque streets of the Old Town, the Dome Cathedral, the Church of St.Peter, the old Guild Houses, the Swedish Gate, St.Jacob’s Church, the Parliament House, Old Riga Castle. Following the visit of the famous market halls of Riga. Afternoon optional: excursion to Jurmala. In the evening optional: dinner at Latvian restaurant “Rozengrals” or similar. Overnight: Riga.
Day 5: Riga - Parnu - Tallinn (300 km). 9:00 a.m. departure for Tallinn with a stop in Pärnu, Estonian “Summer Capital”. This little town has been known as a summer health resort since the first spa opened here in the 1830s. A further drive to Tallinn. Arrival in Tallinn, check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Tallinn.
Day 6: Tallinn. 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Tallinn, visiting the Old Town of Tallinn - an example of Gothic architecture in the Baltic and Nordic countries. The tour includes Toompea Castle fortifications, the Dome Church (13th century), the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky (19th century), Town Hall Square (15th century), St. Catherine's Passage, where artists of St. Catherine guild present their work, St.Olaf’s Church. Afternoon optional: excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace. In the evening optional: dinner at medieval restaurant “ Peppersack ” or similar. Overnight: Tallinn.
Day 7: Tallinn. Breakfast. End of the tour.
Supplemental Tour Information:
- Arrival transfer in Vilnius:
- Car (1-2 person)- 35 EUR per vehicle
- Minivan (3-6 person)- 55 EUR per vehicle
- Additional night in Vilnius:
* SGL 75 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
* DBL 90 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
- Lithuanian dinner at restaurant “Lokys” or similar in Vilnius – 30 EUR p/p
- Excursion (4 hours) to Jurmala – 35 EUR p/p
- Latvian dinner at restaurant “ Rozengrals” or similar in Riga – 35 EUR p/p
- Excursion (3 hours) to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace - 40 EUR p/p
- Medieval dinner at restaurant “ Peppersack” or similar in Tallinn - 35 EUR p/p
- Additional night in Tallinn:
* SGL 75 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
* DBL 90 EUR per room per night, including breakfast.
- Departure transfer in Tallinn:
* Car (1-2 person) - 35 EUR per vehicle
* Minivan (3-6 person) - 55 EUR per vehicle
* Half board at hotels (6 x dinners 3 course menu +tea/coffee)-180 EUR p/p.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 6 nights at the 5/4 star hotels
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Morning pool and gym at hotels Radisson Blu Daugava , Meriton Grand Hotel
- Welcome cocktail at hotel in Vilnius
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or minivan as per itinerary on days 2-6
- English and German speaking guide escort on days 2-6
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Entrances to: St. Peter and Paul’s Church, Vilnius University with St. John’s Church, St. Stanislaw Cathedral, Amber gallery- museum and Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit in Vilnius, Trakai castle, Rundale Palace, the Dome Church, St.Jacob’s Church and St. Mary Magdalene's Church in Riga, the Dome Church and Orthodox Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky in Tallinn.
- Individual information package (city guides and program).
Package price and the additional services prices are commissionable. For more information, contact us!
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2010
M20129 - a Destination Management Company, providing quality incoming travel services to its international travel trade partners. Our clients are tour operators, meeting and incentive planners, companies that require customized travel arrangements in the Baltic States. Our experienced team - energetic travel trade...