Dolomites On-Piste Hut-to-Hut Ski Safarioffered by supplier M17409 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 7 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 10 people
Specialty Categories: Skiing & Snowboarding
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2620 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2820 US Dollar (USD)
- Ski the beautiful Dolomites with our certified ski mountain guides who will help you discover the crystalline beauty of these mountains in winter
- Travel from valley to valley through the Dolomites on-piste, experiencing the delightful blend of Italian and Austrian and Ladin that co-exist in this region. Stay in mountain rifugios and charming B&Bs – the perfect combination of mountain accommodations as you ski through the Dolomites
- Experience the Dolomiti Superski – a “carousel” of 12 inter-connected resorts with 1,200 kilometers (746 miles) of prepared pistes!
Is an on-piste ski safari an oxymoron? We don’t think so! In the Dolomites, it is possible for on-piste skiers to ski from hut-to-hut – entirely on groomed, lift-served runs! On our On-Piste Hut-to-Hut Ski Adventure, you’ll enjoy a ski safari on the Dolomiti Superski network of 12 resorts, with over 5,000 vertical feet of skiable terrain! We’ll ski from valley to valley each day, traveling on groomed on-piste slopes throughout, and enjoy the welcoming atmosphere of a different Refugio or hotel each night.
This tour also provides you with the opportunity to explore the Ladin valleys of the Dolomites and their people, discover the traditions and history of these places that integrates the Ladin, Italian, and Austrian cultures, and explore the excellent cuisine! Not only will you enjoy incredible Italian resort skiing, but you’ll discover the breathtaking beauty of the Dolomites, and see so much more than if you stayed at a resort at the base of the mountain. We can’t think of a better way to enjoy on-piste resort skiing!
Note: This itinerary is designed for on-piste skiing. If you are interested in an off-piste lift-service ski safari, we invite you to check out our other ski safaris which range from on- and off-piste to lift-service backcountry skiing. We’d also be more than happy to customize this itinerary for you.
Note: Itinerary may vary based on weather conditions, fitness levels and skiing abilities of participants, and/or the recommendations of your guide.
Day 1: Arrive in Alta Badia, Dolomites. Arrive in Alta Badia. Meet your UIAGM/IFMGA ski guide for a trip briefing and equipment check (and rent gear if needed), and pick up your week long Dolomiti Superskipass. If time permits, ski in the Alta Badia ski resort. Evening trip orientation and welcome dinner at the hotel. B,D… Hotel in Alta Badia.
Day 2: Sella Ronda. We’ll begin our adventure skiing at the Alta Badia and Val Gardena / Alpe di Siusi resorts, at the base of the imposing Sassolungo Group of mountains. This area is part of a ski carousel that circumnavigates the vertical dolomite walls of the Sella Massif, creating one of the most beautiful ski tours in the world and our route for today – the Sellaronda. B,D… Hotel in Alta Badia.
Day 3: Cortina. We depart our hotel this morning, and begin the hut-to-hut portion of our tour! Ski the slopes of the Cortina d’Ampezzo ski resort, host to the 1956 Winter Olympics, and full of international flair. Ski in the Faloria and Cristallo areas of the Cortina resort, and overnight at a Refugio on the top of the Cristallo Massif. From here you’ll have fantastic views of the Ampezzo Valley and the surrounding peaks, particularly at sunrise and sunset (weather permitting). B,D… Refugio.
Day 4: Cortina d'Ampezzo. Today we continue skiing at Cortina d'Ampezzo, one of the world’s most elegant and sought-after winter resorts. Exploring the Tofana area, we’ll ski down to the Cinque Torri (Five Towers) area, featuring one of the most beautiful landmarks of the Dolomites, and arrive in the town of Cortina d’Ampezzo, the hub of the Italian Dolomites. Overnight at a high altitude Refugio tonight, situated at the top of the chair lift, with fantastic vistas of the Tofana di Rozes, Croda da Lago and Pelmo Massifs. B,D… Rifugio.
Day 5: Civetta, Fassa Valley, & San Pellegrino Pass. This morning we’ll ski to the Civetta ski resort in the heart of the Veneto Dolomites, passing by little romantic towns en route that are set between impressive mountains, magnificent valleys, and silent forests. Spend the rest of the day skiing in the Trentino region over the San Pellegrino Pass, in the Val di Fassa (Fassa Valley). Overnight in a warm and welcoming rifugio and taste dishes typical of the delicious Trentino cuisine with a rich choice of fine wines. B,D… Rifugio
Day 6: Val di Fassa & Marmolada Glacier. Enjoy the sunny pistes and panoramas of the Val di Fassa and ski to the Marmolada Glacier. Known as the “Queen of the Dolomites,” Marmolada (3,350 m/10,990') is the highest peak and the only glacier in the Dolomites. We will get our full share of stunning views all around us, including the Catinaccio, Sassolungo, Sella, Marmolada, and Gran Vernel. And back to Alta Badia, your starting point. Farewell dinner with the group. B,D… Hotel in Alta Badia.
Day 7: Depart. Breakfast and departure. B.
- Start/Finish: Alta Badia
- Dates: This trip is available as a custom departure on dates of your choosing mid-December to begin-April
- Activity Level: For skiers in good and active physical health.
Guide Ratio from 1:6: our professional UIAGM/IFMGA mountain & ski guides have many years of experience skiing the Dolomites. We have guides that speak Italian, English, French and Spanish. From the moment you arrive in the Dolomites they will look after you. They know the best ski runs, mountain restaurants, and how things work in the Italian mountains.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Fully Guided Trip: €2820 with minimum 5 members
- Guided/Self Guided Trip: €2620 with minimum 4 members (3 guided days).
- Logistics and map of the area
- 3 night accommodation in 3-star Hotel or mountain inns in Alta Badia
- 3 night accommodation in charming mountain inns in private rooms and/or dormitory (4-5 pax per room)
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Local English Speaking UIAGM/IFMGA mountain ski guide for 3 days
- Dolomiti Superskipass for 5 days
- Lifts and local transportation as noted in itinerary
- Luggage transfer
- Local Medical and Evacuation Insurance.
- Airport transfer (on request)
- Lunches, drinks
- Ski equipment
- Insurance other than local medical and evacuation insurance
- Everything not mentioned in "Price Includes".
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2007
M17409 is the only local company based in the Dolomites specializing in and providing unique experiences in adventure travel within one of the most beautiful natural settings on earth. We create the ultimate custom adventure experiences within the Dolomite valleys, for the most demanding and exclusive clientele in...