Guatemala Maya Cultural Adventure, Antigua to Tikaloffered by supplier M19433 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 4 - 14 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 14 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 950 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2400 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Guatemala – Antigua.
15:20 - Airport Pick Up from Guatemala to La Antigua Guatemala. Leisure afternoon in Antigua. This Spanish style town is famous for the unique architecture that was inherited from the colonial years. Government buildings, churches, convents and houses had stood the test of time, and give us their history narrated by one of our local guides. For over 232 years this town was the center of the Americas, having the first university founded on this side of the world.Overnight in Antigua.
Day 2: Antigua.
09:00 - Tour in Antigua visiting:
- City Hall - History and politics
- Cathedral - Folklore and restoration (ruins)
- Palace of the Captains General - restoration
- Hotel Posada de Don Rodrigo
- The Arch of Santa Catalina - remains of a convent
- La Merced - Church
- Capuchinas - ruins of the largest convent in Antigua Guatemala
Leisure afternoon in Antigua. Overnight in Antigua. (B)
Day 3: Antigua -Pacaya Volcano.
Leisure morning in Antigua. 14:00 - Transfer to Pacaya Volcano in a collective shuttle. Hiking this volcano will take around two hours. You will get to experience the thrill of climbing an active volcano, and observe lava rivers. 19:00 Arrival time in Antigua. Overnight in Antigua. (B)
Day 4: Antigua -Panajachel.
08:00 - Collective transportation to Panajachel, giving you a chance to see Guatemala`s wonderful landscape and the diversity of indigenous villages and multiple crops. This day you can relax in Panajachel. Overnight in Panajachel. (B)
Day 5: Panajachel.
09:00 - Collective guided boat tour around the lake visiting 3 villages:
- San Marcos la Laguna, it is a quiet town on Lake Atitlan, the town has become a bit of a Mecca for all things spiritual, with meditation, yoga, and massage centers. It's one of the most beautiful spots on the lake.
- San Juan la Laguna, the village specializes in the weaving of petites, mats made from lake reeds, and there´s also a large weaving co-op where they welcome visitors and have plenty of goods for sale.
- Santiago Atitlan, overshadowed by the cones of the San Pedro, Atitlan and Tolimán volcanoes. It’s the largest and most important of the lakeside villages, and also one of the most traditional, here is where you can observe Mayan rites and Mayan divinities like Maximon. Overnight in Panajachel.(B)
Day 6: Panajachel - Chichicastenango - Antigua.
08:00 - Take a collective shuttle from Panajachel to Chichicastenango. You arrive at Chichicastenango around nine in the morning, giving you around five hours, including your lunch time to visit all the market areas. Chichicastenango is attractive for the variety of crafts, huipiles, hamacs, wooden masks, lengths of embroidered cloth and garments that lay around the outer edges of the market in the most visible areas. Besides the famous market, Masheños (citizens of Chichicastenango) are famous for their adherence to pre-Christian religious beliefs and ceremonies. You can readily see versions of these old rites in and around the church of Santo Tomás and the shrine of Pascual Abaj on the outskirts of town. 14:00 Departure time from Chichicastenango to Antigua. Overnight in Antigua.(B)
Day 7: Antigua -Coban.
08:00 - Collective shuttle to Coban, having the opportunity to observe a different type of landscape where you will see different ecosystems. 14:00 Arrival time in Coban. Leisure afternoon in Coban. Overnight in Coban.(B)
Day 8: Coban-Semuc Champey - Lanquin Caves.
06:00 - Breakfast in the Hotel. 06:45 - Depart to Semuc Champey. 09:30 - Arrival time to the parking area of Semuc Champey, a 15-minute walk leads you to the beautiful crystal clear pools of water. Visit the area where the river enters an underground cave, and then where the river exits the cave. Swim in the pristine waters. Picnic lunch and leisure time. In the afternoon, depart from Semuc Champey and head to the Lanquin caves where you will be guided through them, and make sure you don’t miss the bats leaving the cave at dusk. 16:00 - Return to Coban. Overnight in Coban. (B, L)
Day 9: Coban - Flores.
10:00 - Collective transportation to Flores. 16:00 - Arrival time in Flores. Overnight in Flores.
Day 10: Flores -Tikal.
07:30 - Collective shuttle to the National Park of Tikal. 9:30 - The tour starts the tour by the ruins of Tikal with a local bilingual guide. 13:00 - Lunch in a restaurant in Tikal. 14:30 - Time to go back to Flores. Overnight in Flores. (B,L)
Day 11: Flores -Guatemala -Antigua.
Leisure morning in Flores. 15:30 - Shuttle to the airport. Check-in time for the flight to Guatemala City (you have to pay Q20.00 tax per person). 17:00 - Flight FRS – GUA. 18:00 - Arrival time in the airport, where our shuttle will be waiting for you to drive you back to Antigua. Overnight in Antigua. (B)
Day 12: Antigua -Guatemala.
09:00 - Transportation to La Azotea Farm for a coffee tour. 11:00 - Transportation to Macadamia Farm for a tour around this experimental farm. 12:00 - Transfer to Antigua for Lunchtime
13:00 - Take a tour of the surrounding towns of Antigua, visiting San Juan del Obispo, Ciudad Vieja, and San Antonio Aguas Calientes. 16:30 - End of tour, depending on your flight departure you will spend the night in Antigua, or we take you back to the airport after the tour ends. End of Services.(B)
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Taxes (VAT, Hotel taxes)
- Guided tours in Antigua, Chichicastenango, Lake Atitlan, Semuc Champey, Lanquin Caves, and Tikal.
- Local guide in the Pacaya Volcano
- Boat Transportation at Lake Atitlan.
- All land transportation on minibuses, sharing the transportation with other tourists
- Transfers to and from Airports
- Accommodation upon request
- Lunch in Tikal
- Box Lunch in Semuc Champey
- Entrances fee in Antigua, Coffee Farm, Macadamia Farm, Semuc Champey, Lanquin Caves and Tikal.
- Flight tickets FRS-GUA with TAG
- International Airfare
- Airport tax for international and local flights
- Personal Expenses
- Phone calls
- Entry Visa to Guatemala
- Personal Insurance
- Medical fees of similar
- Tips to guides, drivers, bellboys and maids
- Entrances fee at Pacaya Volcano
- Q20.00 tax per person in Flores airport
- 1 Breakfast in Hotel Casa Duranta
- Meals not described.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: May 2009
M19433 was founded by a French Canadian in 1998. Later in 2002, Miguel Gonzalez, a native Guatemalan, and Academy Award Nominee Mike Glad, a San Francisco resident, bought M19433, with the commitment to continue providing the same quality service, and to offer Guatemala as a premier tourist destination. Throughout the...