Ifugao Villages TrekPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 3 - 7 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 7 people
Specialty Categories: Hiking & Trekking Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 250 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 400 US Dollar (USD)
Activities and trip highlights:
- Visit 4 different Ifugao villages
- See various styles of rice terraces
- Trek through spectacular mountains, forests, rivers and waterfalls
Day 1: Travel to Banaue
The group assembles in Manila in the evening and we get some shut-eye while we travel through winding mountain roads. When we wake up we will be in Banaue, home of the famous rice terraces, often referred to as the eighth wonder of the world.
Day 2: Pula and Cambulo
Our trek through the Ifugao mountains begins at the Awan Igid viewpoint. The first destination is the village of Pula which is about a 3 hour hike away. After a break in Pula we hike another 4 hours to Cambulo where we stay the night at a village inn. The rice terraces of Pula and Cambulo are characterized by their pyramid-like appearance, with the terraces cut almost 360 degrees around the mountains.
Day 3: Batad
We take a 3 hour hike to Batad, famous for its amphitheater of rice terraces. In Batad we spend another 3 hours hiking to the Tappiya waterfalls and exploring the rice paddies and village. The night is spent at a village inn.
Day 4: Bangaan
A 3 hour hike from Batad brings us to Bangaan, the final village of our adventure. On the way we pass through more rice paddies and see picturesque villages and rice terraces in the distance. We reach Bangaan shortly after noon and get some well deserved food and booze before riding back to Banaue to catch our evening bus to Manila.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All land transportation for the duration of the trip
- 2 nights accommodations in village inns
- Guiding service.
- Food and beverage
- Travel insurance
- Personal trekking gear (backpack, hiking shoes/boots, etc.)
- Tips. If you are happy with the service of your guide, a tip at the end of your adventure will be greatly appreciated. 200 pesos (about 5 US dollars) for every day of service is plenty.