A Short Escape in BeaujolaisPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 4 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 16 people
Specialty Categories: Bicycle Touring
Season: April - October
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 585 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 600 Euro (EUR)
The scenery is gorgeous. The terrain is challenging at times! Rewards include magnificent views over the Alps, great food, and exquisite wines!
If you opt for a longer stay in this cycling-perfect part of France, we'll provide you with additional loops.
Day 1: Arrive in Macon. Transfer to Creches sur Saone (63 km or 39 miles).
In Macon, we’ll greet you and escort you to your lodgings at your ivy-draped 3-star property. After checking we will then outfit you with bikes and meticulously go over every itinerary detail before pointing you on your way. You'll follow a route that winds through a scenic landscape checkered with vineyards such as Saint-Verand and Pouilly-Fuisse.
Day 2: Creches sur Saone to Belleville (71 km or 44 miles).
Your route will pass the Solutre rock formation, famous for its Paleolithic remains before riding through the landscapes and places that inspired Lamartine, the 19th century romantic poet. You'll eventually pedal into Cluny, home of the Abbey of Cluny. Built in 910, it towers as a monument to Romanesque architecture and church history. Your ride to Villie-Morgon will take you through the world-famous vineyards of Julienas, Saint-Amour, and Fleurie.
Day 3: Belleville to Vaux en Beaujolais (54 km or 34 miles).
Today's itinerary will take you through the "Mouin a Vent" vineyards and Romaneche where Georges Duboeuf's Wine Museum is located. Visit it or not. The decision is yours. Keep in mind that as a self-guided rider, you enjoy complete autonomy in deciding which sites to pass and which sites to marvel.
Day 4: Short loop and departure (two options: 30 km/18 miles or 66 km/41 miles).
Your last day's ride will take you through "Les Pierres Dorees" and its magnificent villages made of these "golden stones" before riding back through some vineyards of the southernmost part of Burgundy.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- From 585 Euros per person based on double occupancy
- 585 euros April 1 thru April 30 and October 1 thru Nov. 5. Single supplement is 155 euros
- 595 euros May 1 thru June 30 and Sept. 1 thru Sept. 30. Single supplement is 165 euros
- 600 euros July 1 thru August 31. Single supplement is 170 euros.
- 3-night accommodations in 2 and 3-star properties
- Daily breakfast (3)
- Daily dinner (3) - drinks not included
- Luggage transfers
- Greeting at the Macon train station
- Route notes and maps
- All tax and service charges
- Assistance if necessary (you will be given our local rep's cell/mobile number).
- Expenses of personal nature
- Rental bike (see specs below). Hybrid bikes are available at the rate of 80 euros per bike. Aluminum racing bikes are available at the rate of 115 euros/bike. This includes the delivery and pick-up fee.