South Africa’s Greater Kruger National Park offers undoubtedly the most readily accessible authentic wildlife experience in Southern Africa, as well as some of the finest game viewing and photographic opportunities, especially when it comes to the big stuff such as Elephant, Rhino, Lion and Leopard. Covering a huge swathe of remarkably diverse woodland savannah in the north-east corner of the country, this park and the adjacent private reserves are easily accessible by road and air. Unlike some other large parks in the sub-region, there’s no need for expensive charter flights or bone-jarring road journeys, and, after landing at Kruger / Mpumalanga International Airport, one can be viewing game a mere one hour later. The park is some 350 kilometres long from north to south and offers a wonderful array of different types of savannah, from the well-wooded hills and rock outcrops of the south-west to the open basalt plains in the central region, and is home to over 500 bird species, 137 mammal species, 119 reptile species, 33 species of amphibians and nearly 50 species of fish. The Sabi Sand Game Reserve offers a cherry-on-the-top experience, with the close-up encounters with big cats that the reserve is famous for often being highlights of a lifetime for participants. Photographic opportunities abound and keen photographers are known to return from a 9 day tour with 6000 plus images stored on their disks and hard drives.
- Arrive Kruger / Nelspruit Airport, drive straight into Kruger.
- 4 nights in Kruger at 2 different camps.
- 4 nights Sabi Sand Game Reserve at two different camps.
- Depart via Kruger / Nelspruit Airport.
Tour in Brief:
- Group size: maximum of 6 participants with 1 guide.
- Expected weather conditions: warm to hot during the day. Early morning and evening drives in open safari vehicles can be cool to cold, due to wind-chill factor. Little chance of sustained rain.
- Tour tempo: medium to medium-plus, depending on the level of interest of the group. The Kruger section is faster-paced, while the private lodge section involves long rest periods between activities.
- Accommodation standards: medium to high: private lodges and National Park's rest-camps.
- Mammal viewing: excellent, especially in the private reserves. Full range of species can be seen, including the Big Five (Elephant, Rhino, Cape Buffalo, Lion and Leopard) as well as Cheetah, Wild Dog and Spotted Hyena. Top class photographic opportunities.
- Other highlights: great birding opportunities, wonderful scenery and landscapes.
- Add-ons: this trip can be combined with an extension to the Western Cape, which is at its best at this time of the year. Contact us for more information.
- Price: from ZAR 21 950 to ZAR 33 475 per person sharing. ZAR 4 695 single supplement. Please contact us for more detail.
- All breakfasts and dinners in Kruger
- All meals in Sabi Sands
- Entrance fees
- Personalised checklists
- Specialist guide fees.
- All airfares
- Travel and medical insurance
- Lunches in Kruger
- All drinks
- Optional excursions where applicable
- Items of a personal nature.
Price: ZAR 42 750 per person sharing for a group size of 4 participants up to end of October 2018. ZAR 9 000 single supplement. The cost is for a group of 4 participants, all sharing. A small group surcharge will apply to groups of 3 or fewer. Please contact us for more detail.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa South Africa Leisure Pursuit Photography and Videography Wildlife Viewing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend