Mikumi National Park Wildlife Trip, Tanzania (3 Days)offered by supplier M21351 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 - 3 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 255 people
Specialty Categories: National Parks
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 320 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 430 US Dollar (USD)
Come and explore the abundant wildlife of the Mikumi National Park while enjoying lots of game viewing and drives on this 3-day tour! Admire the wide range of animal species in their natural habitat!
Day 1: Dar es Salaam/Mikumi National Park.
Pick clients at the place of staying in Dar es Salaam and drive to Mikumi National Park over the Uluguru Mountains. Mikumi National Park abuts the northern border of Africa’s biggest game reserve – the Selous – and is transected by the surfaced road between Dar es Salaam and Iringa. It is thus the most accessible part of a 75,000 square kilometre (47,000 square mile) tract of wilderness that stretches east almost as far as the Indian Ocean. Dinner and overnight will be at the hotel.
Day 2: Mikumi National Park Full day.
Morning after breakfast with packed lunch a full day game viewing in the park. Animals commonly found Include lion, eland, hartebeest, buffalo, wildebeest, giraffe, zebra and elephants. Wild dog can be seen in packs here. The open horizons and abundant wildlife of the Mkata Floodplain, the popular centrepiece of Mikumi, draw frequent comparisons to the more famous Serengeti Plains. Dinner and overnight will be at the campiste/Hotel/Lodge.
Day 3: Mikumi National Park/Dar es Salaam.
Morning after breakfast proceeds with game viewing. More than 400 bird species have been recorded, with such colourful common residents as the lilac-breasted roller, yellow-throated longclaw and bateleur eagle joined by a host of European migrants during the rainy season. Hippos are the star attraction of the pair of pools situated 5km north of the main entrance gate, supported by an ever-changing cast of water birds. In the afternoon game en route back to Dar es Salaam, where you will arrive late evening and drop off at the hotel or airport.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Pick / drop ex airport/seaport or hotel before and after the trip
- Park entrance fees into the game reserve,
- Accommodations and meals as per itinerary,
- The services of our knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide,
- game drives and activities as per itinerary,
- Drinking water,
- Safari transport by 4 x 4 (6 seat) with a roof hatch that pop up to enable easy game viewing and photography,
- Group size is 5 participants on private.
- Soft drinks,
- alcoholic and other beverages,
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary. Items of a personal nature e.g. laundry, tips and etc, Airport departure tax, Local/International flights, Visas, Travel/flying doctors rescue services, Personal and baggage insurance.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2012
I am an 100% Zanzibaris with more than twelve years of experience in the tourism sector. Together with my dedicated staff, we are proven to local Tourism stake holders and the world at large, to be the most competent, efficient, and reliable Multilingual Tours and Safaris provider in Zanzibar and Tanzania. Our long...