Symphony Concert and Dinner and Cruiseoffered by supplier M20874 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 255 people
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 58.05 Euro (EUR)
Maximum Per Person Price: 63.05 Euro (EUR)
Outside Hungary it sounds unusual to include a typical Hungarian folk instrument, the cimbalom to perform with a symphony orchestra, but in Hungary the beauty of this instrumental combination has been known since the 19th century. Join us for an unforgettable musical travel á la hongroise through the most beautiful classical melodies ever.
The Danube Symphony Orchestra was formed in 1961. And since then they have given many performances both in Hungary and abroad. Their repertoire covers almost every musical style from the Baroque music to music of the 20th century. They perform the most famous classical melodies combined with typical Hungarian instrument, the Cimbalom (Hummer Dulcimer). It is a unique opportunity to hear most popular masterpieces of classical music interpreted by cimbalom and symphonic orchestra in a virtuous way which can be enjoyed only in Hungary.
Every concert starts at 20.00, and consists of two parts, 40-45 minutes each, plus an intermission. After the concert, a host or hostess will escort you to the pier. The cruise starts at 22:00, but always waits for the guests from the theatre. On the ship, you can feel the romantic atmosphere of Budapest, surrounded by the friendly lights of the Danube capital and enjoy a warm and excellent buffet-dinner, prepared by award winning food sculptor, Attila Tanacs. We will take you on a 1,5-hour-long cruise on one of our air-conditioned ships. In the romantic candlelight atmosphere you can enjoy the wonderful view of Budapest swimming in light. After dinner you can also admire the panorama from the open upper deck of the ship.
- Cold entries:
* Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves cream
* Alföld style goulash with small dumplings
* From autumn to spring: Vegetable cream soup
* Summer time: Cold fruit soup
- Warm main courses:
* Mini stuffed cabbage
* Traditional chicken leg „Paprikasch”
* Roasted chicken breast with basil-cheese sauce
* Spicy pork rib with thyme – mustard sauce
* Roasted sea fish with Chardonnay sauce
- Garnishes and vegetarian:
* Grilled polenta with feta cheese
* Grilled vegetables
* Homemade dumplings with spinach and mustard-mushroom sauce
* Steamed jasmin rice with corn
* Hash-brown potatoes
* Steak potatoes
* Fresh seasonal salads with dressings
* Italian pasta salad
* Caesar’s salad
* Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise
- Season fruit basket:
* Home-made strudel
* Somló style sponge cake
* Mini tarts
* Dessert variations Európa style
* 1 Welcome drink, 1 glass of wine (or juice) and 1 bottle of mineral water.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2011
The M20874 was established in 1995 to assist foreign visitors to Budapest in gaining insight into the renowned Hungarian culture. We offer not only classical music concerts and folk-dance performances, but we would also like to show our guests the most beautiful sights of the capital’s cultural heritage: our guides...