- Price from: Luxury £485 per person based on two people sharing a room. Easter supplement £45 per person. Upgrade to a Premium cabin £75.00 per person.
- Duration: 4 nights
- Start & Finish: Circular from Amsterdam with departures on 30th March, 3rd April Good Friday, 7th April.
- Hotels: Luxury. Your accommodation is an elegant and luxurious 63 m long traditional Dutch barge sailing under a Dutch flag and management and completely modernised in 2010 and extended by 14 m in 2013. It has 17 ensuite cabins each with porthole, individually controlled air conditioning and flat screen TV. On the upper deck, there is a tastefully furnished salon with restaurant, bar, lounge and large windows and two partly covered teak sun decks with chairs, tables and jacuzzi. Breakfast, 3 course dinner, picnic lunch and tea and coffee until 4 pm each day are included.
- Activity level: Gentle cycling
- Electric bikes: Available
- Mileage: 3 days of optional cycling 6 - 25 miles (9 - 40 km) per day. Bike hire is included. Helmets are also available
- Terrain: Flat.
- Traffic-free: 95%
- Options: Additional nights in Amsterdam.
Day 1: Amsterdam to Zaandam.
Arrive in Amsterdam and between 2 pm and 4 pm board your barge which is moored in the heart of the city. Around 5 pm the boat slips its mooring and you enjoy dinner on board as you sail to Zaandam. From your berth in the heart of the city, join a short walk through the highlights of Zaandam in the evening.
Day 2: Zaandam - Haarlem.
Begin the day with a short cycle ride to "Zaanse Schans", an open-air museum which features beautiful windmills, an authentic traditional Dutch village, a clog maker and a cheese factory. Return by bike to the barge. In the afternoon, choose between a boat ride (lasting 2.5 hours) or a cycle trip to Haarlem. Spend the rest of the day exploring Haarlem, including its historic center with the Grote Markt and the St.-Bravo church, the Teylers museum and the French-Hals-museum. Enjoy a short city walk in the evening. Optional 6 miles (10 km) with a further optional 6 or 14 miles (10 or 22 km).
Day 3: Haarlem to Kudelstaart.
After breakfast, hop on your bike (or travel by road if you prefer) to visit the 'Keukenhof', arguably the most famous flower park in the world where you can admire blooming tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and other floral specimens in their thousands. Next, head to the Kudelstaart (either by guided bike ride or by road) and rejoin your barge on the shores of the Westeinder Lakes. Optional 25 miles (40 km).
Day 4: Kudelstaart to Amsterdam.
Head out on two wheels after a light bite to eat to visit the famous flower market in Aalsmeeer and watch the early morning auctions, where literally millions of flowers are sold and delivered to destinations all around the world each day. Return to the barge for 10 am, where a fantastic brunch awaits you. Following brunch, make your way to Amsterdam either by bike or on board. Upon arrival, the rest of the day is free to visit the inner city flower market if you wish, or enjoy a trip floating down the city's network of canals, or visit one of Amsterdam's many fantastic museums and boutiques. Optional 6 miles (10 km) with an optional additional 15 miles (25 km).
Day 5: Depart Amsterdam.
Enjoy one final breakfast on board before packing up your bags and waving goodbye to the crew. Head back home or on to your next destination at your leisure. Check out is at 9.30 am but you can arrange to leave your bags on board until around 3.30 pm if you wish to spend the day exploring Amsterdam.
- £485.00 per person for departures on 30th March and 7th April
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Netherlands Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Barging
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend