Britain and Ireland DelightPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 11 day(s)
Group Size: 40 - 44 people
Destination(s): England Ireland Scotland
Specialty Categories: Sightseeing
Season: April - September
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 1582 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3000 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Depart Home. Overnight flight to London.
Day 2: Arrive London. Welcome to London! After checking in to your hotel the rest of your day is free to explore this magical city. Meal(s) Full Breakfast. Hotel Ibis Earls Court.
Day 3: London – Stratford - Upon - Avon – York – Leeds. This morning, visit Stratford-upon-Avon, where you have time to see the sights and shop for souvenirs. During your orientation of York, your Travel Director will take you on a walk through the web of quaint, narrow streets and show you York Minster, one of the most beautiful Gothic Cathedrals in the world. Continue to your hotel in Leeds where you dine tonight. Meal(s) Full Breakfast Dinner. Hotel Bewleys.
Day 4: Leeds – Grasmere – Gretna Green – Glasgow (2 Nights). Drive through the Yorkshire Dales to the scenic glory of the Lake District. Travelling along the shores of England's largest lake, Windermere, and through countryside that inspired the Romantic poets, you reach Grasmere. View the grave of William Wordsworth, buried at St. Oswald's Church. We cross the Scottish border and visit Gretna Green, where eloping couples would say their vows over the anvil. This afternoon, your orientation tour of Glasgow includes views of the Cathedral, the magnificent George Square and the River Clyde, former heart of the shipbuilding industry. Meal(s) Full Breakfast. Hotel Ibis City Centre Map Britain & Ireland Delight.
Day 5: Edinburgh Excursion. Today visit Edinburgh. Your Local Specialist takes you on a sightseeing tour of this wonderful city. View the famous Castle, the Royal Mile, historic Palace of Holyroodhouse in the shadow of Arthur's Seat and the new Scottish Parliament building. Admire the elegant Georgian architecture in the New Town. Later, enjoy free time to explore at leisure. Dine tonight at your hotel. Meal(s) Full Breakfast, Dinner.
Day 6: Glasgow – Belfast – Dublin (2 Nights). Follow the rugged Ayrshire coast past the island called Ailsa Craig, the stepping stone from Ireland to Scotland, then board a ferry for the short crossing to Northern Ireland. View City Hall, Queen's University and the dock where the Titanic was built during your city orientation. Finally, cross the River Boyne at Drogheda to enter the Irish capital, Dublin. Meal(s) Full Breakfast. Hotel Citywest/Maldron Tallaght.
Day 7: Dublin Sightseeing and Free Time. See Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Phoenix Park and the stately Georgian Squares with your Local Specialist. Spend the rest of the day as you please, why not explore Temple Bar or Grafton Street, famous for its street performers? This evening consider joining an excursion to an Irish cabaret. Meal(s) Full Breakfast.
Day 8: Dublin – Kilkenny – Waterford. Traverse County Kildare's splendid countryside. In Kilkenny, see the imposing medieval castle and enjoy free time for lunch. This afternoon, visit the House of Waterford Crystal showroom and see the exquisite pieces. Dine tonight at your hotel. Meal(s) Full Breakfast, Dinner. Hotel Treacys.
Day 9: Waterford – Cardiff. Cross the Irish Sea to Wales, and continue your journey to Cardiff Bay to view the Millennium Centre and the National Assembly. View the historic Cardiff Castle and see the Millennium Stadium before arriving at your hotel. Meal(s) Full Breakfast. Hotel Copthorne.
Day 10: Cardiff – Bath – Windsor – London. Cross the Severn Estuary into England and the glorious city of Bath. See splendid Georgian architecture during your orientation. Perhaps consider a visit to the Roman Baths. View the world's oldest and largest inhabited castle during your visit to Windsor. Why not enjoy a stroll along the banks of the river or shop for Royal souvenirs. Later arrive back in London. Meal(s) Full Breakfast. Hotel Ibis Earls Court
Day 11: London – Return Home. Say goodbye to your traveling friends at the end of your amazing vacation! Meal(s) Full Breakfast.
What's Always Included:
- Sightseeing Highlights
- Visit the Georgian spa town
- See Belfast City Hall and Queen's University
- See the Millennium Stadium and view Cardiff Castle
- Sightseeing with your Local Specialist to see St. Patrick's Cathedral, Phoenix Park, the glorious Georgian Squares and Trinity College
- Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes the famous Princes Street, the Royal Mile and views of the new Parliament Building as well as the Castle
- View Glasgow Cathedral and George Square on your orientation tour
- View Kilkenny Castle and gardens
- Visit the town of Shakespeare's birth
- Visit the Waterford Crystal Showroom, when open
- View the castle
- York View York Minster and stroll along the Shambles. See the city walls
- 3 three course dinners
- 9 full breakfasts.
- Ferry across the Irish Sea from Scotland to Northern Ireland and Ireland to South Wales
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and an on-board restroom
- Hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities
- Pick-up and drop-off if you stay at the recommended London hotel booked through or from the London Reception Centre
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- The services of a professional Travel Director throughout your trip
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included
- The services of a Local Host if you stay at recommended London hotel.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Prices are based on double occupancy land only and vary on departure dates, subject to availability at time of booking, ask for details.