The Splendours of Egypt and JordanPlease, note! This tour offer has expired. For similar tour offers currently available search here.
Tour Duration: 13 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 30 people
Destination(s): Egypt Jordan
Specialty Categories: Cultural Journey
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 2082 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2250 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Amman: Meet and assist and Airport Transfer.
Day 2: Amman - Jerash and Ajlun Castle: (B). A City Tour of Amman, taking in the old and new, visit the citadel, the Roman Theater, and the Gold Souq. Then head North to the city of a 1,000 pillars, Jerash where you will see the Triple arched gate, the huge hippodrome and the only roman Forum surrounded by 65 ionic columns. 20 minutes West of Jerash lays the Castle at Ajlun where the imposing Arab Castle of Qalat Al Rabad was built in defense against the crusaders. This evening enjoy a typical Jordanian dinner, and a tour of the handicraft center at the walled village of Kan Zaman.
Day 3: Amman - Madaba, Mt. Nebo, Kerak, Petra: (B). Today we head Southward along the King's Highway one of the oldest trade routes in the world which runs 200 miles along Jordans hilly backbone. You will stop at the Byzantine church of Mt. Nebo (Moses Burial Site), and then proceed to Madaba where you will see a unique map of Palestine.
We proceed to the lowest spot on the earth surface Dead Sea 1,306 feet below sea level. This unique sea appears clear, but put your hand in it and it feels like cooking oil, let your hand dry, it will be encrusted in salt and minerals. This sea has wonderful healing qualities, especially for skin complaints. You will have the opportunity to purchase a variety of products containing the minerals from the Dead Sea. Then we head inland through the Mountains to visit the great crusader castle of Karak and continue onto Petra for overnight.
Day 4: Petra: (B). We start our day by exploring the lost city of Petra. The Red Rose City. Upon arrival we take a horse back, or carriage ride through the 2 km Siq, the only access to this city carved out of rose colored rock. Afternoon is at leisure or an option to visit little Petra, a smaller version of the large city. Overnight in Petra.
Day 5: Petra - Wadi Rum, Amman to Cairo - Egypt: (B). We depart early for Wadi Rum and a 4x4 Safari into the desert with a Bedouin Guide - see ancient carvings, the resting place of Lawrence of Arabia and site of many desert wonders. Enjoy an outdoor lunch at the Tent camp-site. An afternoon drive back to Amman and evening flight onto Cairo included in the cost. On arrival in Cairo, transfer to your Hotel.
Day 6: Cairo: (B,L). The great Pyramids of Giza - the Sphinx and Valley Temple Perfumery, and Papyrus Institute,Optional Evening Nile Dinner Cruise $48 US per Person.
Day 7: Cairo: (B,L,D). Check out after Breakfast.Egyptian Museum with the treasures of Tutankhamen Islamic Cairo - the Citadel, Alabaster and Sultan Hassan Mosques and Palace, The Khan El Khalili Bazaar Coptic Cairo - see some of the oldest churches in Christianity. Depart for Aswan by overnight sleeper train. Dinner is served on the train.
Day 8: Aswan: (B,L,D). On arrival in Aswan transfer to check into your Nile Cruise. Then visit the High Dam - a modern wonder built to divert the Nile to prevent flooding, then visit the Philae Temple and the unfinished Obelisk. Overnight on the Cruise.
Day 9: Nile Cruise: (B,L,D). Relax as you sail along the fertile Nile Valley with a stop at Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples. Overnight onboard the Cruise.
Day 10: Luxor: (B,L,D). Sail to Luxor on arrival visit the Valley of the Kings (3 tombs), then the Temple of Queen Hatshipsuit, the Queen who would be King, and the Colossi of Memnon Overnight onboard the Cruise. This evening an opportunity to stroll around the city with its quaint market places.
Day 11: Luxor - Cairo: (B,L,D). Disembark the Nile Cruise and visit the Luxor and Karnak Temples before returning to Cairo by overnight sleeper train. Dinner is served on the train.
Day 12: Cairo: (B,L) After Breakfast on arrival in Cairo visit to Sakkara - the Step Pyramid of Zoser and surrounding complex of tombs Memphis the ancient capital, Statue of Ramses II and Alabaster Sphinx. Overnight in Cairo.
Day 13: Cairo: (B). Airport transfer.
- Meet and Assist service and pick up transfer from Cairo Airport upon arrival
- Entry Visa to Egypt for US/Canadian/Australian, British and non restricted nationalities
- All Transfers by A/C Vehicle
- Assistance of our guest relations during your stay
- Deluxe A/c transport throughout
- 2 nights in Amman with breakfast
- 2 nights in Petra with breakfast
- 3 nights in Cairo on B & B Basis
- 3 nights on Nile Cruise on full board basis
- 2 night Sleeper Train on Breakfast & Dinner Basis
- Sightseeing as mentioned with entry fees in Jordan
- On site guides in Jordan in Petra and Jerash
- English assistant driver in the Umm Qais, Ajloun
- Sightseeing with entry fees in Egypt as mentioned
- Services of an English Speaking Guide/Egyptologist
- Private tours other than on the Nile Cruise which are group tours
- Meals as indicated Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner (B,L,D)
- Drop off transfer to Cairo Airport for departure
- All service charges and taxes.
- International Flight Tickets
- All extra requests and not mentioned above
- Entrance Fees for inside any of the Pyramids,Solar Boat Museum, Mummies Room or Tutankhamen Tomb at Valley of the Kings
- Personal Expenses i.e For Drinks during meals, laundry, Phone Calls etc.
- Optional Tours
- Genave Amman Hotel
- King's Way Petra Hotel
- Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel and Spa
- Sonesta Nile Goddess Cruise/Alyssa Nile Cruise
Note: All scheduled activities as shown will be included but may be rearranged to different days, to accommodate local circumstances and availability of trains etc.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Prices are start prices and are based on double occupancy land only, prices vary on dates
- Prices are subject to change without notice and cannot be guaranteed until booked and confirmed
- Holiday/Festival/Convention periods incur a supplementary charge.