1 Day Tour to Petra, Jordanoffered by supplier M19120 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 50 people
Specialty Categories: Archeology/History
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 300 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 500 US Dollar (USD)
06:00 pick up at Amman Hotel or residence and drive 3 hrs to the red rose city of Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the world, and since 1985 a UNESCO World Heritage Site. More than 2,000 years ago the Nabatean Arabs carved here amazing monuments in the sandstone. The Nabateans gained wealth by dominating the trade routes of ancient Arabia but came under Roman rule in 106 AD. Visitors enter Petra via the Siq, an impressively narrow path, flanked by 80 meters high cliffs, till the Treasury. Other monuments you will see are the Street of Façades and the Royal Tombs. The guide says farewell to you. Lunch at a local restaurant. Continue driving southwards to Wadi Rum for a 2 hrs jeep ride visiting Nabatean Temple, Rum Village, Lawrence Spring and Khazali Canyon. Afterwards, transfer for around 4 hrs to Amman Hotel or residence.
Supplemental Tour Information:
- Please wear comfortable shoes, you walk several km in Petra and the terrain is uneven.
- 4x4s in Wadi Rum are old vehicle and no A/C.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
The price will be quoted depending on the group size.
- Transport by private, air-conditioned, new vehicle with English speaking, assisting driver
- Private English speaking spot guide in Petra (about 2.5 hours)
- Entrance fee Petra and Wadi Rum
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- 2 hrs jeep ride in Wadi Rum with Bedouin driver
- 700 meters horse ride in Petra (not mandatory, horse handler expects a tip)
- Mineral water on board of the vehicle
- Horse-drawn carriage or camel ride Petra
- Meals and beverage not stated
- Tips and private expenses
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Feb 2009
We are local people from Petra – Jordan. We love our country and its people. We are committed to serve our guests and clients the best way we can. We wanted to be very close to our guests in Petra where they spend most of their time and of course because of the strategic location of Petra in relative to the other...