Sri Lanka - Endemic Birds and Big Gameoffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 11 day(s)
Group Size: 10 people
Destination(s): Sri Lanka
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2950 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2950 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Colombo and transfer to Kitulgala
Day 2: Kitulgala Rainforest
Day 3: Kitulgala to Nuwara Eliya
Day 4: Nuwara Eliya and Horton Plains
Day 5: Nuwara Eliya to Yala via Tissamaharama
Day 6: Yala National Park
Day 7: Yala to Embilipitiya and Uda Walawe NP via Bundala NP
Day 8: Embilipitiya to Sinharaja Rainforest
Days 9-10: Sinharaja Rainforest
Day 11: Sinharaja to Colombo.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated M17026 leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your M17026 leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- It is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (18 lb) for hand luggage.
- In certain areas that contain potentially dangerous animals you are confined to the vehicle and are, quite understandably, not allowed to exit.
- Fitness: This Sri Lanka tour does not require a high level of fitness, but participants should be reasonably fit and in good general health as most of the birding will be done on foot, and may require walking for several hours at a time. Should you have any physical limitations or medical conditions, please notify us in advance of departure. For much of this tour we will be well away from modern medical facilities.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will depart from Colombo International airport on day 1 no later than 11 am. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by midday at Colombo International Airport on day 11. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance or advice in this regard, kindly contact the M17026 office.
Flights: Colombo is the main port of entry for international flights in Sri Lanka and is well serviced by all of the world’s major airlines. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. If you would like further assistance, kindly contact the M17026 office. Important, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted the M17026 office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from lunch on day 1 to breakfast on day 11
- Bottled drinking water
- All lodgings during the tour
- All ground transportation
- All national park and other reserve entrance fees
- All guiding services (including tips for local guides and services).
- Any flights
- Visa fees
- Any drinks
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls, laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...