Brazil’s Atlantic Coastal Forest Ioffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - February
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2160 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2160 US Dollar (USD)
Some of the avian gems that will be sought during this tour include Three-toed Jacamar, spectacular Swallow-tailed Cotinga, Saffron Toucanet, Green-crowned Plovercrest, Saw-billed Hermit, Black-billed Scythebill, Giant and White-bearded Antshrike, Blond-crested Woodpecker, Shrike-like and Black-and-gold Cotingas, and the beautiful Brazilian Tanager.
This will be a very comfortably paced tour with no long drives! On some days you will have packed lunches, while on others you will return to the lodge for lunch. There will be ample time to unwind and to enjoy birding from the lodge grounds or even while relaxing by the natural swimming pool. Fruit trays and hummingbird-feeders placed throughout the grounds attract a variety of parakeets, hummingbirds and tanagers. Birds are confiding and photographic opportunities are excellent. This tour captures the best of Brazil’s Atlantic Rainforest endemic bird species, and after a week of birding you can expect to have seen up to 250 bird species, including 70 endemics!
- Tour Price: (Per Person) €1,930 * £1,375 * USD 2,160 * ZAR 29,970
- Single Supplement: €250 * £175 * USD 280 * ZAR 3,820
Day 1: Transfer from Rio de Janeiro to our accommodation
Day 2: High altitude excursion
Day 3: Wetlands excursion & Cedae Trail
Day 4: Portao Azul
Day 5: Serra dos Orgaos National Park
Day 6: Theodoro Trail and lodge grounds
Day 7: Three-toed Jacamar excursion
Day 8: Departure to Rio de Janeiro
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold, and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
- It can be quite hot depending upon local weather conditions. On most mornings we will be up and out early to take advantage of the cooler temperatures and wildlife activity.
- This Brazil tour does not require a high level of fitness but participants should be in good general health as some of the forest birding will be done on foot and may require walking for several hours at a time (always at a slow pace). Should you have any physical limitations or medical conditions please notify us in advance of departure.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will depart from Galeão – Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport (GIG), Rio de Janeiro on day 1. The tour will conclude on Day 8 at Galeão – Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport (GIG), Rio de Janeiro. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Galeão – Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport (GIG), Rio de Janeiro, is one of the primary ports of entry for international flights into Brazil, and is well serviced by many of the world’s major airlines. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted us for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- The single supplement for this tour is £175 for a shared bathroom, and £275 for an en suite
- These prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from lunch on day 1 to breakfast on day 8
- All lodgings
- Ground transportation in an air conditioned minibus, including transfers from and back to Rio
- Bottled drinking water
- Tea, coffee, fruit juice and fruit
- Reserve entrance fees
- WiFi internet access
- All guiding services of local leaders.
- Visa fees
- International airfare
- Any drinks other than mentioned above
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls, laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...