Southern India - Birding and Wildlife of the Western Ghats Ioffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 12 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - February
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 3750 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 3750 US Dollar (USD)
- Tour Price: (Per Person) €3,430 * £2,490 * USD 3,750 * ZAR 51,950
- Single Supplement: €1,060 * £770 * USD 1,150 * ZAR 15,930.
Day 1: Bangalore to Mysore
Day 2: Mysore to Mudamalai
Day 3: Mudamalai
Day 4: Mudamalai to Udhagamandalam (Ooty)
Day 5: Ooty to Parambikulam
Day 6: Parambikulam
Day 7: Parambikulam to Munnar
Day 8: Munnar
Day 9: Munnar to Periyar National Park
Day 10: Periyar National Park
Day 11: Periyar to Kochi
Day 12: Kochi and depart
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does NOT include your leader. If, therefore, you feel that he has given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip him.
- It is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- Fitness: This Southern India tour does not require a high level of fitness, but participants should be in good general health and reasonably fit as most of the birding will be done on foot, and may require walking for several hours at a time. Some of these trails can be quite steep and slippery, especially after rain. Clients will be notified prior to such a walk. Should you have any physical limitations or medical conditions please notify us in advance of departure. Please note that for much of this tour you will be far from modern medical facilities.
- Accommodation throughout the trip is in comfortable to rather basic hotels and lodges. There is no camping on this trip. Please note that accommodations used are of the best quality that the area has to offer but are, at times, well below the standard of what you may have come to expect from the developed world.
Arrival and Departures Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will depart from Bangalore on day 1 by 8 am. Please arrive in advance of this time or the day before. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by mid-morning in Kochi on Day 12. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance or advice in this regard, kindly contact the our office.
Flights: Bangalore is the starting point for this tour of Southern India. Bangalore is regularly serviced by domestic flights from Delhi and Mumbai, which are generally the main ports of entry. Kochi is the departure point for this tour and is serviced by many of the world’s major airlines. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes international flights.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from lunch on day 1 to breakfast on day 12
- Bottled drinking water
- All lodgings during the tour
- All ground transportation
- All national park and other reserve entrance fees
- All guiding services (including tips for local guides and services).
- Any flights
- Visa fees
- Any drinks
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls, laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...