On a typical day in this mountain wonderland, you will find yourself in breathtaking surroundings looking for legendary species in pristine and seemingly endless forests, with mighty Himalayan peaks towering in the distance – all in all, Bhutan is a destination like no other! Traversing dramatic mountain passes adorned with brightly coloured prayer flags and chortens (temples), some of the birds we will specifically target include the resplendent Himalayan Monal, Satyr Tragopan, Blood Pheasant, Ibisbill, Rufous-necked Hornbill, Ward’s Trogon, Beautiful Nuthatch, Himalayan Cutia, Rufous-throated Wren-Babbler, Coral-billed Scimitar Babbler, Black-headed Shrike-Babbler, Fire-tailed Myzornis, the almost unbelievably beautiful Mrs. Gould’s Sunbird – and a whole host of other spectacular species beside! In addition, we’ll be among the very first foreign birders to explore the relatively new Bomdeling Wildlife Sanctuary, refuge for about 150 overwintering Black-necked Cranes and scores of other great Himalayan species, making this a true venture of discovery!
- Tour Price: (Per Person) €4,350 * £3,180 * USD4,775 * ZAR67,440
- Single Supplement: €370 * £270 * USD400 * ZAR5,650
Day 1: Arrive in Guwahati and transfer to Samdrup Jongkhar
Day 2: Samdrup Jongkhar to campsite near Morong
Day 3: Morong camp to Trashigang
Day 4: Trashigang to Tashi Yangtse (Bomdeling Wildlife Sanctuary).
Day 5: Tashi Yangtse area ((Bomdeling Wildlife Sanctuary)
Day 6: Tashi Yangtse to Mongar
Day 7: Mongar to Yongkhola
Days 8 to 10: Lingmethang, Yongkhola and upper Sengor
Day 11: Sengor camp to Bumthang
Day 12: Bumthang to Paro
Day 13: Chele La
Day 14: Paro and depart
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- Be aware that some of the passes that we will traverse are at altitudes of around 13,000 feet. This can cause altitude problems for some people and means that the temperatures tend to be low on these days. We can also expect rain and possibly even snow on some days of this tour. If you have problems with altitude please do let us know.
- On some nights we will stay a long way from any solid accommodations or civilisation and will be using camping facilities set up by our agents. There will be walk-in, comfortable-for-two tents with cots, sheets, pillows, and blankets. While our ground agents do provide comfortable and warm sleeping bags, you may bring your own sleeping bag if you prefer. If participants would prefer a tent to themselves please advise the office. Single tent space is limited and will be assigned in order of tour registration.
- While the food is generally good and tasty, it can become quite monotonous as not many different dishes are prepared. The food can also be quite spicy at times. Please be sure to let us know of your dietary requirements in advance of the tour.
- Bhutan is still relatively untouched by tourism and the people are friendly and courteous. It is seen as being inappropriate to hand out any sweets or other things to interested bystanders or anyone we may encounter along our tour. Your sensitivity in this regard would be much appreciated.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will depart from Guwahati International airport in India at approximately 09:30 am on day one. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude in the morning at around 9 am at Paro International Airport on day 14. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Guwahati, in the Assam province in Northern India, is the starting point for this tour. You would need to take an internal flight from one of the main centers in India to reach this city. Delhi, Calcutta and Mumbai are the main ports of entry for international flights into India and are well serviced by most airlines. There are flights from these cities to Guwahati.
The tour will conclude at Paro Airport in Bhutan, where you can board flights destined for Delhi, Calcutta, Dhaka or Bangkok, on Druk Air. Please let us know in advance of your choice of destination and we will assist in the booking of this flight for you. Regarding international flights, while we have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the internal flight on your behalf. If you would like further assistance kindly contact us.
Important: please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes international flights.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Bhutan Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend