Northern and Central Thailand - Asian Birding at its Best Ioffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 18 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Season: February - March
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 5250 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 5250 US Dollar (USD)
- Tour Price (Per Person): €4,780 * £3,480 * USD 5,250 * ZAR 71,710
- Single Supplement: €600 * £430 * USD 650 * ZAR 8,880.
Day 1: Arrival in Bangkok
Day 2: Bangkok to Kaeng Krachan via Samutsakhon and Petchburi
Days 3-4: Kaeng Krachan National Park
Day 5: Kaeng Krachan National Park to Sab Sadao
Day 6: Sab Sadao to Khao Yai National Park
Days 7-8: Khao Yai National Park
Day 9: Khao Yai to Bangkok, flight to Chiang Mai
Day 10: Chiang Mai to Doi Inthanon via Huai Hong Khrai
Days 11-12: Doi Inthanon National Park
Day 13: Doi Inthanon to Fang
Day 14: Fang to Doi Lang to Thaton
Day 15: Doi Lang
Day 16: Thaton to Doi Angkhang
Day 17: Doi Angkhang
Day 18: Doi Angkhang to Bangkok and departure.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does NOT include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- Some of our time is spent in vehicles, as we do have to cover fair distances in order to get to the best areas for birds and animals. The more luggage you pack, the less room there is in the vehicle, so it is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg for check in luggage and 8 kg for hand luggage.
- Leeches do occur in some of the reserves, encountering them really depends on how much recent rain there has been. If you do have leach socks, it might therefore be a good idea to bring them along; otherwise, tucking your long pants into your socks is usually sufficient to deter them from latching on.
Arrival and Departure Details: The first day of the tour is an arrival day and you are free to arrive at any time on this day. The tour will conclude after lunch on day 18 in Bangkok. As there is an internal flight on this final day it is recommended that you book your international flight to depart no earlier than the early evening on this day. For those doing the Southern extension the tour ends in Bangkok after lunch on the final day of the extension. Once again, as there is an internal flight on this final day it is recommended that you book your international flight to depart no earlier than the early evening on this day. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Bangkok International Airport (IATA: BKK) is the main port of entry for international flights in Thailand and is well serviced by all of the world’s major airlines. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the internal flights for you.
NB: please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes international flights.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from dinner on day 1 to lunch on day 18 for those on the main tour, and from dinner on day 18 of the main tour to lunch on day 7 for those on the Southern extension
- Bottled drinking water
- All lodgings as per itinerary
- Ground transportation and boat trips mentioned in the itinerary
- Reserve entrance fees
- Gratuities for local guides and services
- Guiding services of local guides and tour leader.
- Any flights (see above)
- Airport transfers from Bangkok International Airport to your hotel on day 1
- Any beverages
- Telephone calls, laundry and other items of a personal nature
- Special gratuities.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...