Best of Birding Panamaoffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 10 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 4125 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 4125 US Dollar (USD)
On our Best of Panama tour we will explore some of the most accessible rainforests and high-altitude cloud forests the country has to offer. The native flora is simply stunning, and more than 10,000 species have already been identified within the country! Around 930 bird species – more than the number found in North America and Europe combined – make their home in this tropical paradise. With roughly 29% of its territory protected within 15 nature reserves, Panama is fast becoming a must-visit destination for birders and nature travellers the world over. We look forward to having you join us on this unforgettable birding and wildlife experience in the tropical forests of Central America!
- Tour Price (Per Person): €3,740 * £2,730 * USD 4,125 * ZAR 56,130
- Single Supplement: €480 * £350 * USD 525 * ZAR 7,150
Day 1: Panama City to Canopy Tower
Day 2: Canopy Tower, Semaphore Hill Road and Ammo Dump Ponds
Day 3: Pipeline Road
Day 4: Summit Ponds and Old Gamboa Road
Day 5: Cerro Azul and Cerro Jefe
Day 6: Canopy Tower to Canopy Lodge
Day 7: Cerro Gaital
Day 8: El Chiru, Santa Clara and Juan Hombron
Day 9: Altos del Maria
Day 10: Canopy Lodge to Panama City and depart.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in US$, and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your tour leader. If, therefore, you feel that he has given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip him.
- It can be hot with harsh sun in some areas of Panama, especially along the coast, so please come prepared with hats and sun cream for protection. Humidity levels are also high throughout most of country, especially in the Darién.
- Mosquitoes and tiny bloodsucking flies can be numerous at times and it’s advisable to pack a good supply of DEET or other effective insect repellent.
- There are some long days in the field taking advantage of available habitat, but overall the tour pace is relaxed and the walking is easy.
- Accommodation throughout the trip is quite comfortable and a variety of western and local cuisines are available throughout the tour.
Arrival and Departure Details: You are required to be in Panama by 15:00 on the Day 1 of the tour. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude in Panama City by midday on Day 10.
Please Note: If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance or advice in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Tocumen International Airport in Panama City is the main port of entry for international flights into Panama and is serviced by several international carriers. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences and can assist you in booking your flights. If you would like further assistance kindly contact our office; we have a full-time in-house travel consultant who will happily help you plan your route. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes international flights.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 10
- Bottled drinking water and natural fruit juices
- All lodgings
- Ground transportation
- Reserve entrance fees
- Extra activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- All guiding services (including tips for local guides and services).
- Any flights (see above)
- Visa fees
- Most drinks
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls, laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...