Namibia, Okavango and Victoria Falls Overland Ioffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 18 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 6320 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 6320 US Dollar (USD)
- Tour Price (Per Person): €5,590 * £4,070 * USD 6,320 * ZAR 82,500
- Single Supplement: €400 * £290 * USD 450 * ZAR 5,850.
Day 1: Windhoek
Day 2: Windhoek to Khomas Hochland
Day 3: Khomas Hochland to Walvis Bay
Day 4: Walvis Bay area
Day 5: Walvis Bay to Erongo Mountains, via Spitzkoppe
Day 6: Erongo Mountains to Okaukuejo, Etosha National Park
Day 7: Okaukuejo area, Etosha National Park
Day 8: Okaukuejo to Halali, Etosha National Park
Day 9: Halali to Eastern Etosha
Day 10: Eastern Etosha
Day 11: Eastern Etosha to Rundu
Day 12: Rundu to Shakawe, Okavango Panhandle
Day 13: Shakawe area
Day 14: Shakawe to Mahango Game Reserve
Day 15: Mahango to Katima Mulilo via Bwabwata National Park
Day 16: Katima Mulilo area
Day 17: Katima Mulilo to Livingstone
Day 18: Livingstone.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in ZAR (South African Rand), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any international airfares. Day 1 is essentially an arrival day in Windhoek, Namibia. However, should you arrive before 11 am on day 1, we have some local birding we will do in the afternoon around Windhoek. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by 11 am at Livingstone International Airport, Zambia on the day 18. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard kindly contact the our office.
Flights: Windhoek (Hosea Kutako International Airport) is the main port of entry for international flights into Namibia. The more reliable airlines with the most direct routing for these flights are Air Namibia and South African Airways. For departure from Livingstone (Zambia), the best routing is through Johannesburg (OR Tambo International Airport). We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. If you would like further assistance kindly contact our office, we have a full-time in-house travel consultant that will happily help you plan your route. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, porters and restaurants) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your out tour leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- Much of our time is spent in a specially converted overland Toyota Dyna Truck, as we do have to cover long distances in order to get to the best areas for birds and animals. However, the vehicle is fairly spacious with large windows and pop-up rooftops which allows for great bird and mammal viewing. Despite this, we recommend that you do not over-pack for the comfort of your fellow travellers and yourself. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- Please be aware that the vehicle does not have air-conditioning. However, the windows are large and will remain open for most of the time, while the front windscreen also folds down completely, providing a pleasant through-flow of air.
- During the tour, we visit several national parks and game reserves which contain potentially dangerous animals and therefore you are confined to the vehicle and are, quite understandably, not allowed to exit except at designated viewing and picnic sites.
- Temperatures in Namibia, Botswana and Zambia can be very high at this time of year, especially when compared to the cooler winter months. If you suffer easily from heat exposure, please do contact the RBT office for more information.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes international flights.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- Meals on a bed and breakfast basis only
- Bottled drinking water
- All lodgings as per the itinerary
- Ground transportation
- All entrance fees
- All guiding services
- Tips for local guides and services.
- Any airfares, taxes and visa fees
- Any meals other than breakfast
- Any drinks
- Telephone calls, laundry and items of a personal nature
- Special gratuities.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...