South Ecuador Endemicsoffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 16 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 4350 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 4350 US Dollar (USD)
- Tour Price (Per Person): €3,940 * £2,860 * USD 4,350 * ZAR 59,190
- Single Supplement: €460 * £330 * USD 500 * ZAR 6,810
- Flights (Approx cost): US$145
Day 1: Arrivals in Guayaquil
Day 2: Loja to Copalinga via Catamayo
Day 3: Bombuscaro and Copalinga
Day 4: Copalinga to Yankuam
Day 5: Miazi, and the Orange-throated Tanager
Day 6: Yankuam to Loja
Day 7: Utuana to Jorupe
Day 8: Jorupe
Day 9: Jorupe to Tapichalaca
Days 10-11: Tapichalaca
Day 12: Tapichalaca to Buenaventura
Days 13-14: Buenaventura
Day 15: Buenaventura to Guayaquil
Day 16: Reserva Cerro Blanco to Guayaquil and Cuenca Extension or departures.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in US$, and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated tour leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
- In some areas it may be very hot, especially in Amazonia. We will thus make good use of the early mornings and will have many early starts to avoid, as far as possible, birding in the middle of the day. Furthermore, in the rainforest areas the humidity will be high and potentially uncomfortable.
- It is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (18 lb) for hand luggage.
- This Ecuador tour does not require a high level of fitness, but participants should be in good general health as most of the birding will be done on foot and may require walking for several hours at a time. Guests will be notified when longer walks may be undertaken. If you have any physical limitations, please notify us in advance of departure.
- Accommodation throughout the trip is of a good standard and the hotels and resorts that we make use of range from basic yet comfortable (particularly on the Shiripuno Extension) to rather luxurious. There is no camping on this trip.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include our leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
Arrival and Departure Details:
- The tour will begin in Guayaquil on Day 1 and as this is scheduled as an arrival day, you are free to arrive at any time before 17:00. The tour will conclude in Guayaquil after lunch on Day 15.
- Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: There are two major ports of entry into Ecuador. José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport (GYE), Guayaquil and Mariscal Sucre International Airport (UIO), Quito. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the internal flights on your behalf. Important: please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes international flights.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- Meals on a bed & breakfast basis only
- Bottled drinking water
- All lodgings as per the itinerary
- Ground transportation
- All entrance fees
- All guiding services
- Tips for local guides and services.
- Any airfares, taxes and visa fees
- Any meals other than breakfast
- Any drinks
- Telephone calls, laundry and items of a personal nature
- Special gratuities.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...