Best of South Africa - Cape and Kruger Ioffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 11 day(s)
Group Size: 6 people
Destination(s): South Africa
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 2890 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 2890 US Dollar (USD)
- Tour Price: (Per Person) €2,590 * £1,910 * USD 2,890 * ZAR 39,750
- Single Supplement: €280 * £210 * USD 310 * ZAR 4,250
- Flights:(Approx. cost) ZAR 2,750
- Spaces Available: 4 Spaces available.
Day 1: Arrival in Cape Town, visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Day 2: Seabird outing (weather permitting)
Day 3: The Cape Peninsula
Day 4: Cape Town to Ceres via the West Coast National Park
Day 5: Ceres and the Tanqua Karoo
Day 6: Ceres to Cape Town and flight to Kruger National Park
Days 7-8: Southern Kruger National Park (Skukuza)
Days 9-10: Central Kruger National Park (Satara)
Day 11: Kruger National Park to Johannesburg and depart.
Financial Arrangements: Tour dates, prices, single supplement rates, approximate flight costs and spaces available for this tour are displayed on our website.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (ZAR), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader. If, therefore, you feel that he has given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip him.
- Much of our time is spent in vehicles, as we do have to cover long distances in order to get to the best areas for birds and animals. The more luggage you pack the less room there is in the vehicle, so it is important for the comfort of yourself and your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- Exiting the vehicle is prohibited in all areas and parks that contain dangerous animals.
- Please note that the seas during the pelagic trips off the Cape can be rough and participants who opt for this pelagic must therefore bear this in mind. If you have any medical conditions or physical limitations relating to balance and mobility please do let the RBT office know.
- Crime is problematic in certain areas of South Africa. Exercise caution as you would for any big city where crime exists. Do not unnecessarily flaunt cash and valuables and do not leave valuables exposed in the vehicle.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will depart from Cape Town International Airport (Cape Town) on day 1 no later than 9 am; kindly arrive in advance of this time on this day or arrive the day before. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by 12 noon at OR Tambo International Airport on day 11. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: O.R. Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg (IATA: JNB) is the main port of entry for international flights in South Africa and is well serviced by all of the world’s major airlines. Cape Town International Airport (IATA: CPT) is equally well serviced by many airlines. If your international flight does not arrive directly in Cape Town, you will require a domestic flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. If you would like further assistance kindly contact our office and we will happily help you plan your route. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Flights are excluded
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 11
- All lodgings
- Ground transportation
- Reserve entrance fees
- Extra activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- All guiding services (including tips for local guides and services).
- Visa fees
- Any flights (see above)
- Any drinks
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls, laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...