Kenya and Tanzania - Birds and Big Game Ioffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 18 day(s)
Group Size: 6 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 7650 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 7650 US Dollar (USD)
- Tour Price: (Per Person)€6,930 * £5,150 * USD7,650 * ZAR110,220
- Single Supplement: €480 * £360 * USD525 * ZAR7,570
- Spaces Available: 4 Spaces available
- Can be taken in conjunction with the Rwanda Extension - Gorillas & Albertine Rift Endemics.
Day 1: Arrival in Arusha
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire National Park
Day 3: Tarangire National Park
Day 4: Tarangire National Park to Ngorongoro Crater
Day 5: Ngorongoro Crater
Day 6: Ngorongoro Crater to the Serengeti National Park via Oldupai Gorge
Days 7-8: Serengeti National Park
Day 9: Serengeti National Park to Gibb’s Farm
Day 10: Gibb’s Farm to Amboseli National Park
Day 11: Amboseli National Park
Day 12: Amboseli National Park to Mt. Kenya
Day 13: Mt. Kenya
Day 14: Mt. Kenya to Shaba National Reserve
Days 15-16: Shaba and Buffalo Springs National Reserves
Day 17: Buffalo Springs National Reserve to Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 18: Lake Nakuru National Park to Nairobi for departure.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- To ensure your comfort and that of your companions, please limit yourself to one medium-sized suitcase or duffel bag (20 kg / 44 lb) and one carry-on bag, as space in the vehicles is limited.
- Fitness: This Kenya & Tanzania tour does not require a high level of fitness.
- Accommodation throughout the trip is of a generally high standard and the hotels and lodges that we make use of range from comfortable to rather luxurious. There is no camping on this trip.
- Please note that due to the presence of potentially dangerous game, we will be spending much of this tour in vehicles, including birding time.
Arrival and Departure Details: The tour starts with a welcome dinner on the evening of day 1 at Ngare Sero Lodge near Arusha. As this is an arrival day, you are free to arrive at any time before 17:00. Further meeting details will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude in the late afternoon at Nairobi International Airport on day 18. Please do not book your departing international flight before 19:00 on this day. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact the office.
Flights: Kilimanjaro International Airport (IATA: KIA) outside of Arusha, Tanzania is the main port of entry for this tour. KLM offers the most reliable and regular routes for North America and European travellers via Amsterdam to this airport. These flights, however, often arrive in the evening necessitating arrival the night before the tour start date. This will give one time to recover from the rigors of international flight travel before the tour starts. Kenya Airways also offers regular flights from London, via Nairobi to KIA. For the return flight from Nairobi International Airport (IATA: NBO) again KLM and Kenya Airways are the likely best providers for your travels. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted the office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes any flights.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from dinner on day 1 to lunch on day 18
- Bottled drinking water
- All lodgings
- All ground transportation during the tour in stretched Landcruiser 4x4 vehicles
- Reserve entrance fees
- Extra activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- All guiding services (including tips for local guides and services).
- Visa fees
- Any flights
- Any beverages (including mini-bar charges at hotels)
- Optional excursion to a traditional Maasai village (+-US$25.00)
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...