Northern Ecuador - Birding the Andes to the Amazonoffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 17 day(s)
Group Size: 8 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 5550 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 5550 US Dollar (USD)
- Tour Price - (Per Person) €5,030 * £3,730 * USD5,550 * ZAR79,310
- Single Supplement - €1,050 * £780 * USD1,150 * ZAR16,440
- Flights (Approx. cost) - US$145
- Spaces Available - Spaces available
- Can be taken in conjunction with our Northern Ecuador - Sani Extension. Contact the office for a detailed itinerary.
Day 1: Arrival in Quito
Day 2: Coca to Napo Wildlife Center
Days 3-5: Napo Wildlife Center and surrounds
Day 6: Napo Wildlife Center to Wildsumaco
Day 7: Wildsumaco
Day 8: Wildsumaco to Cabanas San Isidro
Day 9: Cabanas San Isidro and surrounds
Day 10: Cabanas San Isidro to Guango Lodge
Day 11: Guango Lodge to Quito
Day 12: Antisana Preserve
Day 13: Quito to Bellavista via Yanacocha
Day 14: Bellavista to Septimo Paraiso
Day 15: Paz de las Aves & Milpe
Day 16: Rio Silanche and Mindo
Day 17: Quito and depart.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
- In some areas it may be very hot, especially in Amazonia. We will thus make good use of the early mornings and will have many early starts to avoid, as far as possible, birding in the middle of the day. Furthermore, in the rainforest areas the humidity will be high and potentially uncomfortable.
- It is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- This Ecuador tour does not require a high level of fitness, but participants should be in good general health as most of the birding will be done on foot and may require walking for several hours at a time. Guests will be notified when longer walks may be undertaken. If you have any physical limitations, please notify us in advance of departure.
- Accommodation throughout the trip is of a good standard and the hotels and resorts that we make use of range from comfortable to rather luxurious. There is no camping on this trip.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The Sani Extension will begin in Quito on Day 1, as this is scheduled as an arrival day, you are free to arrive at any time before 17:00. The tour will conclude on the morning of day 6 (Day 2 of the main tour) in Coca. The Main Tour will begin in Quito on Day 1, as this is scheduled as an arrival day, you are free to arrive at any time. On the morning of Day 2, you will transferred from the hotel to Quito for an internal flight to Coca. You will be met in Coca by your Tour leader for a boat transfer down the Rio Napo to the Napo Wildlife Centre. The tour will conclude after breakfast and a transfer from Mindo to Quito on Day 17. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact the office.
Flights: Mariscal Sucre International Airport (UIO), Quito is the major port of entry into Ecuador for this tour. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the internal flights on your behalf. Important: please do not book your international flights until you have consulted the office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from dinner on Day 1 of the Sani Extension to breakfast on Day 6; and from lunch on Day 2 to breakfast on Day 15 for those on the main tour
- Bottled drinking water
- All lodgings
- Ground transportation (including boat transfers)
- Extra activities mentioned in the itinerary
- All national park and other reserve entrance fees
- All guiding services (including tips for local guides and services).
- Visa fees
- Any flights
- Any drinks
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls, laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...