Bhutan - Birding the Buddhist Kingdom IIIoffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 20 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 7575 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 7575 US Dollar (USD)
Day 1: Arrive from India into Samdrup Jongkhar
Day 2: Samdrup Jongkhar to campsite near Morong
Day 3: Morong area
Day 4: Morong camp to Trashigang
Day 5: Trashigang to Lower Lingmethang Road (Yongkola)
Days 6-7: Lower Lingmethang Road (Yongkola)
Days 8-9: Lingmethang Road camp upper level (Sengor)
Day 10: Sengor camp to Bumthang
Day 11: Bumthang to Trongsa
Day 12: Trongsa to Tingtibi
Day 13: Tingtibi area
Day 14: Tingtibi to Trongsa
Day 15: Trongsa to Punakha via Pele La
Day 16: Tashitang Valley
Day 17: Punakha to Thimpu via Dochu La
Day 18: Thimpu to Paro
Day 19: Chele La
Day 20: Departure from Paro.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- The current order of the main itinerary, with the tour beginning in the south and east of the country, is unique among tour operators and allows us to travel in the opposite direction to the other birding groups that will be present in the country during the high season for birders.
- Be aware that some of the passes that we will traverse are at altitudes of around 13 000 feet. This can cause altitude problems for some people and means that the temperatures tend to be quite low on these days. We can also expect rain and possibly even snow on some days of this tour. If you have problems with altitude please do let the office know. Very hot conditions with high radiation for sunburn are also likely to be encountered in the southern areas of the country on a few days of the tour.
- On some nights we will stay a long way from any solid accommodations or civilisation and will be using camping facilities set up by our agents. There will be walk-in, comfortable-for-two tents with cots, sheets, pillows, and blankets. While our ground agents do provide comfortable and warm sleeping bags, you may bring your own sleeping bag if you prefer. If participants would prefer a tent to themselves please advise the office. Single tent space is limited and will be assigned in order of tour registration.
- While the food is generally good and tasty, it can become quite monotonous as not many different dishes are prepared. The food can also be quite spicy at times. Please be sure to let us know of your dietary requirements in advance of the tour.
- Bhutan is still relatively untouched by tourism and the people are friendly and courteous. It is seen as inappropriate to hand out any sweets or other things to interested bystanders or anyone we may encounter along our tour. Your sensitivity in this regard would be much appreciated.
Arrival and Departure details: This tour does not include any international airfares. Please note: If you opt to only partake in the main Bhutan tour (and not do the extension), you will have to arrive in Guwahati the day before the tour starts and then take a transfer by road from Guwahati to Samdrup Jonkher, which is on the Bhutan border where the main Bhutan tour commences. There is a small fee attached to this transfer, which departs Guwahati at approximately 09:30 am. We will book this transfer on your behalf at no extra charge. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by 9 am at Paro International Airport on day 20. For those doing the Assam extension, the tour will depart by 06:30 am on day 1 of the extension from Guwahati International airport. Since this is such an early departure, we strongly advise that you arrive the day before. On conclusion of the extension, the tour will head directly to Samdrup Jongkhar, where the main tour will begin. Please note: If you elect not to do the main tour and to only partake in the Assam Extension, this will require a private transfer back to Guwahati at an additional fee. The transfer is approximately a 5 hour drive. We will book this transfer on your behalf at no extra charge. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact the office.
Flights: Guwahati, in the Assam province in Northern India, is the starting point for the main tour and the Assam extension. You would need to take an internal flight from one of the main centers in India to reach this city. Delhi, Calcutta and Mumbai are the main ports of entry for international flights into India and are well serviced by most airlines. There are flights from these cities to Guwahati. The tour will conclude at Paro Airport in Bhutan, where you can board flights destined for Delhi, Calcutta, Dhaka or Bangkok, on Druk Air. Please let the Office know in advance of your choice of destination and we will assist in the booking of this flight for you. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. If you would like further assistance kindly contact the office. Important: please do not book your international flights until you have consulted the office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from lunch on day 1 to breakfast on day 20 for those on the main tour, and from breakfast on day 1 to lunch on day 5 for those on the Assam extension
- Bottled drinking water
- All lodgings
- Ground transportation
- Reserve entrance fees
- All guiding services (including tips for local guides and services).
- Visa fees
- Any flights
- Any beverages
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...