Bernese Oberland Ski Tour, Switzerlandoffered by supplier M09905 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 4 - 12 people
Specialty Categories: Skiing & Snowboarding
Season: March - May
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 775 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Maximum Per Person Price: 775 Pound Sterling (GBP)
Our starting point is Interlaken, the capital of the Jungfrau region. Our itinerary takes in some of the best ski touring ascents and descents in the region as we traverse across the massif.
Day 1: Arrive in Grindelwald and book into your hotel. Meet up with your guide. Welcome meeting and trip briefing.
Day 2: Warm-up day on the local ski area at Kleine Scheidegg. After lunch we take the mountain railway to Jungfraujoch (3454 m). An astounding feat of Swiss engineering, the train climbs via a tunnel bored through the Eiger and the Mönch. From the top we have a short climb on skins to the Mönchjochhütte.
Day 3: From the Mönchjochhütte, we can make an ascent of Louroihorn (3779 m) before descending to the Lötschenhütte Hollandia, run by the Dutch Alpine Mountaineering Club.
Day 4: From the hut we make a ski ascent of Äbeni Flue (3962 m) or the Mittaghorn (3143 m). From the summit, we have a descent of over 1100 m to the Konkordiahütte where we spend our 4th night.
Day 5: We ascend over the Grünhornlücke, the high pass between the Aletsch and Fiesch valleys and make an ascent of the Wyssnollen (3595 m) before descending to the Finsteraarhornhütte.
Day 6: We make the traverse to the Oberaarjochhütte with an ascent of the Gross-Wannenhorn (3905 m) being the highlight of the day.
Day 7: We will start the day with an ascent of Vorder Galmihorn (3517 m) followed by the descent of over 2000 m to Munster. We return to Grindelwald by train.
Day 8: Depart after breakfast
Supplemental Tour Information:
- A copy of our recommended kit list will be sent to you at the time of booking.
- Ski touring gear is essential for this tour.
- All skiers will need to carry a pack (35-45 litres) with safety gear, a minimal change of clothes for the evenings and personal items.
- Everyone is expected to ski at all times with the three essential items of avalanche safety equipment: transceiver, shovel and probe. If you ski off-piste regularly we recommend you purchase your own set and we have a special offer on BCA’s excellent DTS Tracker.
- 1:50,000 Jungfrau 264 (S);
- 1:50,000 Nufenenpass 265 (S); Note: ‘S’ indicates that ski routes are shown. Having your own maps is optional as your guides will carry all the maps needed for this tour.
Insurance: It is a condition of booking that you are insured for ski mountaineering on glaciers covering personal accident, rescue and third party risks. You are strongly advised also to take out cover against cancellation and curtailment.
Notes: Accommodation and meals: We spend 2 nights in Grindelwald where our preferred hotel is the Hotel Eigerblick. The other 5 nights are spent in traditional alpine mountain huts. It is possible to leave some luggage in Grindelwald whilst we are in the mountain huts as we return there for the final night. The Swiss huts are renowned for good food: nourishing and plentiful.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All guiding fees & expenses;
- 2 nights half-board hotel accommodation;
- 5 nights half-board accommodation in mountain huts.
- Local transfers and uplift costs, equipment hire;
- Personal insurance, travel to/from Grindelwald, lunches and beverages.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2003
We are one of the UK's leading teams of mountain professionals specializing in guided mountain adventure. Our worldwide program includes in winter: off-piste skiing, hut-to-hut ski touring, ice-climbing and avalanche awareness; in summer: alpine mountaineering (Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, 4000m peaks) and multi-day...