Budget Uganda Birdingoffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 12 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 11 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 4800 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 4800 US Dollar (USD)
Please note that a leader may not accompany this tour unless a minimum of 7 participants are signed up. In the case of insufficient sign-ups, a professional and very experienced local guide will lead the tour instead. Please also note that these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Tour Price (Per Person): €4,310 * £3,200 * USD 4,800 * ZAR 64,980
- Single Supplement: €430 * £320 * USD 475 * ZAR 6,430.
Day 1: Arrive in Entebbe and drive to Masindi via Mabamba Wetland
Day 2: Budongo Forest - Royal Mile birding all day
Day 3: Masindi to Kibale NP
Day 4: Kibale NP – Chimpanzee tracking & birding
Day 5: Kibale NP to Queen Elizabeth NP
Day 6: QENP - Game drives & Kazinga Channel boat ride
Day 7: Queen Elizabeth NP to Bwindi NP via Ishasha section of QENP
Day 8 - 9: Buhoma, Bwindi Impenetrable NP – Birding and optional Gorilla tracking.
Day 10: Buhoma to Ruhija, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Day 11: Ruhija - birding Mubwindi Swamp
Day 12: Ruhija to Entebbe and departure
- Top Birds: Shoebill, Green-breasted Pitta, Nahan’s Francolin, Pennant-winged Nightjar, Papyrus Gonolek, Lühder’s & Bocage’s Bushshrike, Red-throated Alethe, Ituri Batis, Great Blue Turaco, Dusky & Olive Long-tailed Cuckoo, Blue Malkoha, Black Bee-eater, Blue-throated Roller, Grauer’s and Neumann’s Warbler, Fraser’s & Red-tailed Rufous Thrush, Lowland Masked Apalis, Afep & White-naped Pigeon, Red-chested Owlet, Grey-winged, Blue-shouldered & White-bellied Robin-Chat, Equatorial Akalat, White-bellied Crested Flycatcher, Magpie Mannikin, Kakamega and Ansorge’s Greenbul, Jameson’s Antpecker
- Top Mammals: Mountain Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Giant Forest Hog, L’Hoest’s Monkey, Central African Red Colobus, Lion, Leopard
- Habitats Covered: mid-altitude and montane rainforest, woodlands, Acacia savanna, grasslands, wetlands, papyrus swamp
- Expected Climate: tropical with some rain expected, cooler in highlands
- Max Group Size: 11 with 1 tour leader & 1 local birding leader
- Tour Pace and Walking: moderate pace with some longer walks and drives
- Accommodation: comfortable guesthouses and hotels with some more basic facilities
- Number of Species Expected: 380+
- Other Attractions: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Kazinga Channel cruise, African art
- Photographic Opportunities: excellent
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If we cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated tour leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities for local guides and drivers are included on this tour. However, this does not include our tour leader and other staff (restaurants, hotel staff etc.). If, therefore, you feel that our tour leader and/or any other staff have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- Due to the nature of this tour, the accommodation used is of a lesser standard when compared to that of our Classic tour. For more information regarding the tour accommodation, please contact our office.
- In some areas it can be quite hot. On most mornings, we will be up and out very early and the days will be long with most of the day dedicated to exploring for birds and mammals.
- At times, we may be walking on narrow and/or steep forest trails (entirely optional) to find a few special birds. Our pace will, however, be slow in the forests.
- Although this Uganda tour does not require a high level of fitness, participants should be in good general health as much of the forest birding will be done on foot and may require walking for several hours at a time. There will be a few lengthy drives and many of the days will be long with early starts. Should you have any physical limitations, please notify us in advance of departure.
- The optional gorilla trek at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest generally involves several hours of strenuous walking on steep slopes, often off-trail. The chance of finding the gorillas is very high, but on some occasions in the past the trackers haven’t been able to locate the mobile family groups. Please also note that new regulations have meant that permits cannot be purchased for a particular group and that the group you will be trekking will be allocated on the morning of the trek. Further to this our tour group may not be able to trek the same group of Gorillas and we could well be split up into a few different trekking parties.
- The optional walk down to Mubwindi Swamp entails hiking along a long trail (roughly 10 km return) which is quite steep and, at times muddy. As the pace is often slow, we will be walking for a considerable amount of time on this day. Please note that should you have any physical limitations, then it is not recommended that you partake in this activity, however alternative birding arrangements will be made for you on this day should you opt not to do this walk.
- The vehicles used are comfortable stretched Land cruiser 4X4’s with open roof-hatches.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. On the first day of the tour we have a full day’s birding and thus it is strongly recommended that you arrive on the day before the tour starts. The tour will conclude in the late afternoon/early evening of day 12 at Entebbe International Airport. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Entebbe is the main port of entry for international flights in Uganda and is well serviced by most of the world’s major airlines. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- Meals on a bed and breakfast basis from Day 2 to Day 12, with the exception of Buhoma and Ruhijawhich are full board
- Bottled drinking water while in transit
- Accommodations (For more information regarding the tour accommodation, please contact the office)
- Ground transportation during the tour
- Gratuities for drivers/guides
- All guiding services.
- Any airfares
- Visa fees
- The optional gorilla trek permit (see above)
- Any drinks over and above the bottled drinking water supplied while in transit
- Any gratuities other than those mentioned above
- Telephone calls
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...