Indonesia - Sulawesi and Halmahera - Wallacean Endemicsoffered by supplier M17026 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 18 day(s)
Group Size: 6 - 8 people
Specialty Categories: Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: No
Minimum Per Person Price: 5095 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 5095 US Dollar (USD)
- Tour Price (Per Person): IDR 69,750,000
- Single Supplement: IDR 4,600,000
- Flights (Approx cost): IDR 450,000.
Day 1: Arrival in Makassar, Sulawesi and afternoon birding at Pattene
Day 2: Karaenta Forest and flight to Palu, then transfer to Lore Lindu National Park
Days 3-4: Lore Lindu National Park
Day 5: Morning in Lore Lindu National Park and return to Palu
Day 6: Fly to Manado and transfer to Dumoga-Bone National Park
Days 7-8: Dumoga-Bone National Park
Day 9: Morning at Gunung Ambang and continue to Tangkoko Nature Reserve
Day 10: Tangkoko Nature Reserve
Day 11: Flight to Ternate and boat to Sofifi, Halmahera
Day 12: Sofifi to Subaim
Day 13: All day birding at Foli
Day 14: All day birding near Gunung Uni-uni
Day 15: Subaim to Sofifi
Day 16: Return to Ternate
Day 17: Fly to Manado and afternoon birding activities
Day 18: Departure from Manado
- Top Birds: Standardwing, Ivory-breasted Pitta, Knobbed & Sulawesi Hornbill, Maleo, Geomalia, Olive-flanked Hylocitrea, Cinnabar Boobook, Sulawesi & Satanic Nightjar, Purple-bearded Bee-eater, Purple-winged Roller, Moluccan Goshawk, Sulawesi Serpent Eagle, Sulawesi Cuckoo, Dusky Scrubfowl, Yellow-flanked Whistler, Black-faced and Pale-headed Munia, Black‐ringed White‐eye, Sulawesi Ground Dove, Grey-headed and Silver-tipped Imperial Pigeon, Sulawesi Babbler, Fiery-browed Starling, Pale-bellied Myna, Sulawesi Myzomela, Sulawesi Thrush, Crimson-crowned Flowerpecker, Lilac, Scaly-breasted, Green-backed and Sulawesi Dwarf Kingfisher (amongst 12 species of possible kingfishers), Matinan Blue Flycatcher
- Top Mammals: Sulawesi Crested, Moor and Tonkean Macaque, Spectral Tarsier, Bear Cuscus, outside chance for Babirusa
- Habitats Covered: montane and lowland forests, volcanic mountains, rice paddies, rivers, islands, beaches
- Expected Climate: mostly hot to humid with cooler nights and mornings in the highlands
- Max Group Size: 8 with 1 tour leader & local birding leader
- Tour Pace & Walking: moderate pace with some longer hikes
- Accommodation: mostly rustic yet clean and comfortable, including some nights in excellent accommodation
- Ease of Birding: moderate but can be challenging at times
- Number of Species Expected: +-240 (with over 100 possible endemics!)
- Photographic Opportunities: very good.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
- Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- This tour involves some moderate walking with a couple strenuous treks possible at Lore Lindu. You should be in good health and of reasonable fitness to undertake this tour. If you have any physical limitations or medical conditions of any sort please do let the office know in advance.
- We will be birding in some remote areas well away from modern medical facilities.
- Many of the hotels are of reasonable standard during the tour, although in some areas where we will be staying the only accommodations available are basic guesthouses with no hot water and shared facilities.
- Transport is in comfortable vehicles, each person having a window seat, and 4x4 vehicles where required. The roads are mostly in fair condition, although we will encounter some curvy roadways with potholes, while in a few areas we have rougher unpaved roads to traverse. Due to the nature of the topography, there is the possibility of landslides interfering with our trip, though we have minimised this risk by undertaking the tour during the drier season.
- Most days in the lowlands will be hot, dry and sunny, but overcast conditions are fairly frequent and some rain, heavy at times, can be expected. In montane areas it will range from very cool to warm. The humidity is often rather high.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will depart from Makassar airport (IATA: UPG) on day 1, which is an arrival day; however we recommend that you arrive before our first activity which is scheduled to start at 15:00 in the afternoon. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude Manado International Airport (IATA: MDC) on day 18. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact the office.
Flights: Jakarta or Bali are the main ports of entry for international flights in Indonesia. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the internal flights for you.
Important: please do not book your international flights until you have consulted the office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Free airport transfers within 3 days of beginning or end of tour
- All meals from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 18
- Bottled drinking water
- All lodgings
- Ground transportation
- Reserve entrance fees
- Extra activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- All guiding services (including tips for local guides and services).
- Visa fees
- Any flights
- Any beverages
- Special gratuities
- Telephone calls
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Sep 2007
M17026 is one of the world’s longest established and most highly regarded birding tour companies. Based in South Africa with satellite offices in USA, Australia and New Zealand, their team of professional tour leaders and dedicated office support staff arrange and guide more than 300 annual birding and wildlife tours...