Camping Safari in Chobe National Park, Botswanaoffered by supplier M21592 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 3 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 7 people
Specialty Categories: National Parks Wildlife Viewing
Season: January - December
Airfare Included: No
Tour Customizable: Yes
Minimum Per Person Price: 695 US Dollar (USD)
Maximum Per Person Price: 695 US Dollar (USD)
The trip departs Victoria Falls at 07:30, and pax will only be in Chobe at about 09:00. The trip will start with a three hours boat cruise on the Chobe River. This is punctuated by buffet lunch at the Chobe Safari Lodge (a four star Hotel). After lunch it's time for the game viewing safari in our custom made 4x4 open safari vehicles the Chobe National Park. The safari will take another three hours in the park before driving slowly to the Boga, Hatab or Ihaha camp situated right in the park. Enjoy our African hospitality in the bush with the famous bush bucket shower. This is a non participatory safari, the camp staff will do all the cooking and cleaning while you relax and enjoy the African Bush. The Chobe is the only river in this park and as such all the wildlife congregates along the river banks for a drink. This makes it one of the easiest and most rewarding safari options. Lions and other predators are also easily seen as they follow these herbivores to and from the drink. Just make sure you have got enough pictures space on your camera!
Guests are woken at dawn with warm water being poured into their basins and a friendly Botswana “dumela” (good day). After a quick cup of tea or coffee and a light Continental breakfast vehicles head off on an early morning game drive. This time of day is best for finding the big cats, or the rare Wild Dogs as they are still active at this time and chances of seeing them are good. Around mid to late morning guests return to camp for a delicious “bush brunch” and a siesta getting an opportunity to read rest or take a refreshing shower. When the day starts to cool off another afternoon game drive follows afternoon tea, and good sightings are revisited or areas as yet unexplored are visited. Chobe National Park has a wide variety of game - the cats and large herbivores such as elephant and buffalo being a highlight, but rarer game such as Puku, Eland, Sable and Roan antelope along with many more common antelope can be viewed here. Return to camp after sunset for a reflective fireside chat. Dinner follows, as always accompanied by the unforgettable sounds of the African night.
Guests are woken at dawn with warm water being poured into their basins and a friendly Botswana “dumela” (good day). After a quick cup of tea or coffee and some cereal you head off on an early morning game drive. This time of day is best for finding the big cats as they are still active at this time and chances of seeing them are good. Around mid to late morning guests return to camp for a delicious “bush brunch” and an opportunity to take a refreshing shower. After packing up, you then leave the camp on your last activity which is usually another Boat cruise, to be dropped off in Kasane/Kazungula 16:30.
Supplemental Tour Information:
What to pack for your tented Safari:
- Generally, casual comfortable clothing is suitable throughout the year, dull neutral colours are most suitable.
- Campsites are very sandy so suitable footwear is advised.
- T shirts.
- Jeans or safari trousers for the cool evenings and mornings.
- A fleece or warm sweater for those early morning game drives.
- A good pair of Sunglasses.
- Sun block, a hat and insect repellent are essential!
- Binoculars and a camera with lots of film! For digital ensure batteries are charged - there is no electricity in the bush (we can charge via the cigarette lighter 12 V only)
- A headlamp or torch is vital.
- If you enjoy a whisky or the like, you are welcome to bring a bottle along to sip by the Campfire.
- A towel, and your own toiletries (ladies please remember there are no shops for emergencies)
- Any medication if necessary, we do have a medical aid box with the basics.
- There will be times when you are exposed to the sun so a thin long sleeve shirt may come in handy.
The early morning drives will be very cold in the winter months - so layers are best to keep out the chill in the back of the game drive vehicle. (June, Jul, Aug) Please attempt to travel as light as possible- space is always an issue on Safari.
Tour Guide Credentials:
All trips will be run by skilled, licensed professional guides and a backup team.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All Camping Equipment
- Cruise on The Chobe River
- Game drives in the Chobe National Park
- All meals and refreshments
- Return Transfers to Victoria falls/Livingstone Town
- Park fees
- Soft drinks, beers
- Visas if necessary
- Items of personal nature like towels and toiletries
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2015
M21592 is a Victoria Falls - Zimbabwe based Tour Operator which has been in operation since December 2004. The directors are all Zimbabwean who have more thirty years of combined service in the Hospitality and Travel industry. The company specialises in site seeing tours in and around Victoria Falls, Photographic...